10 Types of expats living in Vietnam

I was going through this information about the 10 types of expats in Vietnam, i feel most of what is written here is half truth, i might not totally agree with the writer, what's your view?

10 Types Of Expats In Vietnam

doynews.com/article/10-types-expats-living-vietnam

Really?  Can you list what types of expat are not trust?

Well, I put it on the side of humor when reading your article and I've smiled to all of your description. (Although it was not very interesting, but it was a little diverting)
However, you started to praise the NGOs supporters....so it is not a humorous article anymore...it's just a troll at the end...too bad.

I have read about this article. Maybe,  it is a experience from a writer.  Maybe it is true. But all his writing is bad experience.  I supposed.  Throughout his writing,  i got a little information  about  expat in Vietnam.

paultruthy wrote:

I was going through this information about the 10 types of expats in Vietnam, i feel most of what is written here is half truth, i might not totally agree with the writer, what's your view?

It's biased,racist,sexist and ignorant.
The only people mentioned are ''white people''.
Every English teacher is a high school drop out.
Every older man is a sex predator.
Every woman is a desperate,jealous sponge.
Every differing opinion is arrogance.

I bet a week's salary this was written by a 22 year old American Uni student, studying for an Arts degree.
And a female.
And Caucasian.
And monied up.Not average,working class.
And especially,only spent 2 or 3 weeks in Vietnam.

Place your bets.

The link is not working very good, I can't seem to get it to work.  But 10, to me, is too broad, it encompasses everything and everyone within any community.  If the author has any real knowledge, he/she would have narrowed it down to 3-4.  Then, maybe, it would be an interesting read...

jimbream wrote:
paultruthy wrote:

I bet a week's salary this was written by a 22 year old American Uni student, studying for an Arts degree.
And a female.
And Caucasian.

Place your bets.

I'd put my money on a disgruntled VK, ( or NNES ),  who expected the same pay as a " white " NES person at an English centre. The poor English is a bit of a give away.

paultruthy wrote:

lol, a good laugh! the truth often hurts.

jimbream wrote:
paultruthy wrote:

And a female.
And Caucasian.

Place your bets.

Nah, odds on, watch on

Each time I see the word "NGO", it scare me to death !

Written by one who's native tongue is not English and not an experienced writer.

Damn! I just lost that bet.
The author of this bigoted rant is P"""" F""""".
A straight caucasian adult male with his own business in VN.
For shame.

jimbream wrote:

For shame.

Oh well, at least most of us agree his English is terrible. Do you know what business he's in?

bluenz wrote:
jimbream wrote:

For shame.

Oh well, at least most of us agree his English is terrible. Do you know what business he's in?

Check your PM.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12047046_921213207950838_5120276936173636198_n.jpg?oh=790751abccd1c9ca736cd64d7f6a953a&oe=5667E8A4&__gda__=1453198240_d37f347c6a3183b07644fdebb539ee41This is the nob here, a few years ago, he's not even married to a VN.

An "editor" OK'd this trash? Well, looking at the tabloid-style "news" site it appears on, I guess it's not a surprise. this is by far the dumbest thing I've ever read. Notice he doesn't say "The 10 types of BAD expats." Just expats.

"These English teacher probably have no school degree,"  Wrong. You can't get a job here without a work permit and you can't get a permit without a college degree. Also, it is clear that you could stand to use a few more English lessons yourself.

"i gave up on him because he was calling the conductor a scammer." Maybe because we scammed every day? Sometimes for serious money?

"These expats will complain about the hair in their food at a $1 restaurant" The only $1 restaurant is a disease-filled Banh Mi cart.

"not to sing Karaoke to pass their loved ones to heaven." Oh, is that what you call that unholy, tuneless racket? Do they not go to Heaven if you don't use a PA system cranked to 11?

The original post has been shared on Facebook 900 times. That means there's at least 900 locals who are as dumb as this butt-hurt gamma.

"These English teacher probably have no school degree,"  Wrong. You can't get a job here without a work permit and you can't get a permit without a college degree. Also, it is clear that you could stand to use a few more English lessons yourself."

Actually you can get a Work Permit without a Degree, as long as you have 5 years of provable teaching experience.

As I suspected, the author is not a Native English speaker. Probably why he has such a huge chip on his shoulder, did you read the comments, he had to delete his name and pic due to all the ( deserved ) flack he was copping.

Wow! I had to laugh reading this article. How can anyone take this seriouly or take offense.  A loner in grammar school wrote this biased ignorant article.

I have to believe the editor is hard up for writers...any writers.

Yes, it is poorly written and he talks from his limited experiences and his opinions. He posts a few things to justify his position but still his points are narrow minded. The writing is unproffesional; full of cliches and innuendos.

I think the writer is number 11 expat type. Ignorant, pushy, uneducated, narrow minded, opinionated, and maybe has a sense of humor, since this article is rediculous.

I don't mean to ridicule the writer, only wish i could understand what he was trying to say or what ax he has to grind..

I gotta laugh...

AlexterBalexter wrote:

Wow! I had to laugh reading this article. How can anyone take this seriouly or take offense.  A loner in grammar school wrote this biased ignorant article.

I have to believe the editor is hard up for writers...any writers.

Yes, it is poorly written and he talks from his limited experiences and his opinions. He posts a few things to justify his position but still his points are narrow minded. The writing is unproffesional; full of cliches and innuendos.

I think the writer is number 11 expat type. Ignorant, pushy, uneducated, narrow minded, opinionated, and maybe has a sense of humor, since this article is rediculous.

I don't mean to ridicule the writer, only wish i could understand what he was trying to say or what ax he has to grind..

I gotta laugh...

He's racist and a  misogynist.
He has no right to vilify foreigners living in Vietnam.

You're from Latin America right? And still living there now?
If  you made a blog similar, complained about MS 13, or the lazy Mexicans ,or the shoot 'em up Black Crips gang ,or the Vietnamese gangs or the 'minority' EBT card freeloaders living n your big city,
you would be in deep shite.
Then after a long and very expensive courtroom affair,your name would be dirt.
And you'd be in the big house for quite some years.

The clown who made that blog is not poor,not funny.
He is a CEO and co founder of a realty business in Vietnam.

Jimbeam,

I agree the author has his problems. I don't think stooping to his level is worth the words.

There is a saying, "If the shoe fits...".  I don't see his generalized statements fit expats but i see him venting, as an angry person, wanting to agravate/agitate people. I guess he wns if he does.

Oh, i 'm Native American with German roots. My people lived in America forever and others migrated to My country. I have lived off and on in vietnam since 1970. In America i see idiotic folks angry because of immigrants, yet their roots are foreign. One of his points is expats against expats.

Jimbeam, you write quite elequently, and a rebuttal  on the wtiters site could clarify and expose this Discontent for what he is.

He writes about people making assumptions of who and what they are. I read your assumptions of myself and find similarities. Too give a clearer picture if myself i am 6 ft 1 in. 200 lbs. I started boxing at 14 martial arts at 15...still. I studied music, law, and business. US Army 1970-1976. Vietnam.

AlexterBalexter wrote:

Jimbeam,

I agree the author has his problems. I don't think stooping to his level is worth the words.

There is a saying, "If the shoe fits...".  I don't see his generalized statements fit expats but i see him venting, as an angry person, wanting to agravate/agitate people. I guess he wns if he does.

Oh, i 'm Native American with German roots. My people lived in America forever and others migrated to My country. I have lived off and on in vietnam since 1970. In America i see idiotic folks angry because of immigrants, yet their roots are foreign. One of his points is expats against expats.

Jimbeam, you write quite elequently, and a rebuttal  on the wtiters site could clarify and expose this Discontent for what he is.

He writes about people making assumptions of who and what they are. I read your assumptions of myself and find similarities. Too give a clearer picture if myself i am 6 ft 1 in. 200 lbs. I started boxing at 14 martial arts at 15...still. I studied music, law, and business. US Army 1970-1976. Vietnam.

Ok Alex.Thanks for the reply.
I highlighted your ideas I'll reply to ,in bold.
1. I am native of my country with German and another country roots.
2. people are angry of immigrants-  because the immigrants don't care to work,they  don't care to assimilate, they adore a welfare society and the native population don't want to lose their culture,their heritage,their future for their children and their their taxes wasted on free loaders. No wonder they are angry.
For example- Germany,France,United? States of America,Canada,Italy,Australia Et al.
3.He doesn't write his assumptions.That blogger writes his disgusting racist,biased opinions of expatriate WHITE men and women living in Vietnam.
Please,tell me Alex. After you read that entire blog did you see any comments about-
the brown Nigerians? The black Africans? The The brown Indians? The yellow Koreans?The yellow Chinese? The brown Cambodians?
I bet you you cannot find any reference.
4.In the army 1970 -1976 And Vietnam service too? Good on you.
If you joined as a 20 yr old,that makes you 65 years young.
D you know Cloud9?

AlexterBalexter. Did I read the last two lines of your 20:10 post correctly? US Army 1970-76, Vietnam? Am I to presume you were in Vietnam in 1976 while a member of the US Army?

Everybody agrees that the article is at least 50% testiculate*, yet people are still getting exercised by it, which gives me a wry smile. As for the comments about NGO's  - yep they worry me too, and I sometimes work for them!

*For non native English speakers: using the word testiculate to describe something is a polite way of saying that it is bollux (meaning rubbish).

Jimbeam, your points are well taken. I did read his aim at White expats. If white means blue eyes, green eyes, blonde hair, brown or blue hair, brown or pale white skin my family fits this discription.

My point is to address this issue on the same site his article is posted. The reason i laugh is i can't believe any intelligent individual could find credibility in this article. Very biased and prejudicial. Also very ignorant. The man's writing is unintelligent.

You mentioned the inmigrants ... In the U.S. The English who came to America were immigrants, Jews, Irish, Asian, German... All were and are immigrants looking for a better life. I believe in all culture's they're some bad apples looking for handouts, but i cant agree the majority are not good citizens paying into the system and not receiving benefits. On this point i disagree.

Haven't met Cloud9 but i am looking forward to meet him in the future. I was drafted at 18 when the war was hot.

Definitely a Vietnamese with considerable exposure to English,  but, as one writer said,  the inadequate command of the written English is a giveaway.  I am not at all clear on his purpose, but the tone, such as it is, smacks of sour grapes.  He is a punk who is not up to the task of deep thought.

Nha trang guy wrote:

Definitely a Vietnamese with considerable exposure to English,  but, as one writer said,  the inadequate command of the written English is a giveaway.  I am not at all clear on his purpose, but the tone, such as it is, smacks of sour grapes.  He is a punk who is not up to the task of deep thought.

Scroll back up, and you will see he is Polish, I thought VK, but I got the NNES part right.

bluenz wrote:

Scroll back up, and you will see he is Polish, I thought VK, but I got the NNES part right.

Looks like a duck with ears

He had one teacher/expat pegged:

Canadian Teacher Arrested for Sexually Abusing Vietnamese Boys in Hanoi

This apparently wasn't the first time he's been caught either:

Well Known Canadian Musician Vadim Scott Arrested in Battambang