Private messages through Expat Blog

Dear Moderator,is it possible to send private messages as a member of Expat.com and if say could you please tell me how,many thanks to you.

:) yes any one can send private message to any one if other party has no any restriction

Thankyou patwary for your reply,I have asked the moderators to explain how as I cannot find a place or instructions anywhere,Im probably daft.

concertina wrote:

Thankyou patwary for your reply,I have asked the moderators to explain how as I cannot find a place or instructions anywhere,Im probably daft.

Concertina,

I am not able to PM you, which suggests one of two possibilities.

1.  YOU have the PM system turned off in your profile preferences.  To enable it, select the icon at the top of this page on the right that looks like a person with a down arrow beside it, then choose "Preferences".  In the middle of the preferences page, you'll see "Private Messages", and there is a checkbox for "Enable Private Messages", ensure that it is checked as enabled then click "submit" at the bottom.  You should then be able to PM other members by clicking on a username or avatar image and select "send a message" on their profile page.

2.  The other possibility, if your PM options are already enabled, is that the system has blocked your PM privileges for some reason...such as spam or some other form of abuse on the site.  In that case, an administrator will be able to explain the reason to you if you do not already know.

Hope this helps

Romaniac
Romania Expat Advisor
Expat-Blog

You are welcome. Yes I know you asked modaretor not me but when I saw you are from Athens then I thought I should replay. Where are you living here in Athens. I am living near sindagma . Nice to meet here.

Hello concertina,

Just to add to the very important information you were given by Expat Advisors Team member romaniac; if you try to send out copy & paste messages in the Private Message System, your mailboxes will be locked out by our Automated Anti-spam System and possibly result in your account being cancelled. So, please save yourself a lot of headaches, don't try to do that. Our private message system is NOT intended for flooding the mailboxes of our other members with unsolicited, unwanted and annoying junk.

Regards,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi,

I have activated your private message system in your profile. I guess you deactivated it a while ago.

All the best,

Julien

Oh no I didnt want to send any annoying junk,Im probably annoying enough on my own as I am,I have been called annoying junk though ha,thats more acceptable than swear words I guess,more posh,thankyou all for your swift response,best regards from Concertina

Patwary,I didnt mean you shouldnt reply, no, it was kind of you.

Im here in Egaleo with my husband who is Greek,I have been here many years,we now have two metro stations close by to us,ten minutes walking which is great

we recently built a house,well started in 2007 but house building here tends to drag on testing ones nerves to the limit,its out of Athens one hour and twenty minutes which is close for getting away once a week for a few days with mountains and sea.How are you liking Greece overall?

Are you wanting to move on to another country at some point?

Have you managed to keep employment in these difficult times?

I guess you probably miss home and family.Its best in times of troubles to have something of an artistic hobby,we play instruments,I have recently learnt the harmonica as well as playing the concertina,I also repair books by hand,these things  allow us to put the mind somewhere else and we dont have televisions which are mostly a waste of time I think.

Someone asked us the other day"if you dont have television what do you do?"What has the world come to?

I wish you all the best here in Athens,keep well.

:):) hi thank you very much for your very nice replay.

just now I don't want to move any other country. I have very good job here. I am cook hotel fenix in glyfada.

in my Greek life I never passed jobless times.here I am very lucky but I miss my family now 7 years I can't go vacation to my family because my paper.

I don't know what will happen here. but I have being trying to fix my paper if I will success then hope next January I

will go home for vacation or for ever if I fail to fix my paper. but I like this country.

I have better future here because I getting very nice experience here about my profession.

now I am cook "A" and I have to chance go  more successful position.

by the way you live in egalio and I live in kolonaki. lets meet some times. come some time and test my dishes.

you are invited in my hotel[best western fenix ]its near gilyfada golf. thank you very much  :):)

Hello

@concertina & patwary : We have a private message system for conversations  :whistle:

Regards
Kenjee