4-5 months apartment to rent

Hi;  My wife and I want to stay in Malaysia from Mid-November, 20154 to March 30, 2016.  We want to rent a fully furnished apartment near KLCC that will allow a pet cat.  We can spend up to $1,600 RM per month.  Are short term leases hard to find?  What areas are the best to live (ie. clean, close to RTM stop and taxis, etc).  Appreciate your thoughts, ideas, and help.

/s/ Tom

Apartment near KLCC at RM1,600/mth is hard to find. You need to stay a bit further from KLCC, like Jalan Ipoh in a mid-upper cost apartment. Ampang area can offer you that rate, you need a car to travel because it will be quite a remote area. My best recommendation is to check out this site to get an idea of rental rates and apartments available. The site is: www.iproperty.com.my/

i have a studio unit for rent now, if by Nov still vacant then i can rent to u, it is near everything u mentioned. :) keep in touch then.

Leases are 12 months - shorter means service apartment eg 12,000 RM per month (1 bed) or so near KLCC. For 12 months near KLCC 6k per month fior a 2bed place for 12 months. Anything decent in town centre is 4k+. Most condos ban pets and with all the immigration hassles don't bring a cat for 5 months. Anything decent in Selangor is 2500 RM per month these days. Some 1 bed places 2k if very far out or very small studios (again nowhere central - need a car) are 1.5k. But the cost of transport will mean costs just the same/more.

A room in a condo in a Changkat - small one person room is 1,000 RM per month min and for 12 months, The only realistic option is to burn the deposit basically.

Actually why come at all? Sheer madness in my opinion if all you can afford is 1600 RM per month. if you are being sent by your company they should pay/organise something for a short trip.

An alternative try airbnb or even couchsurfing.

Hi Walkay;  Thanks for your message.  If available, what size is the studio unit, and what is the cost?  Can you tell me the location.  Thank You

tbandolin wrote:

Hi Walkay;  Thanks for your message.  If available, what size is the studio unit, and what is the cost?  Can you tell me the location.  Thank You

Typical Malaysian estate agents. They never say the price until you find out is double your budget (!)

When I mentioned 1500 RM that is for 400 sq ft as a guide. BTW for less than 400 USD a month (=1700 RM) you expect what? In USA rents are very cheap (outside of New York) as so much land. KL is short of land. 3200 RM is 740 USD per month. Not a lot.