Where is the best organic produce market found in the DR?

Yea putting it on the  bus would be great. ..how much does 100 lb bag cost...do you take PayPal?  If you are ever interested in making a website, assuming you don't have one...my husband is a web designer...

Lets talk about that -  the corn and the website privately.

Let me know when  you have a bushel of asparagus available :D:D:D:D

Boy I miss that.  Back in New Jersey still (home tomorrow ....yippppeeeee) and have consumed probably  10 pounds of asparagus in the last three weeks.

Bob K

Never ever ever..... :|

Let me to inform all, that we start our organic soap family business. The soaps are made from 100% organic ( own cocos oil and herbs) oils. The soaps are infused with herbs from Rep. Dominicana ( aloe vera, oregano, coffe, cacao etc). These organic soaps are formulated with Coconut Oil , Avocado, Soy and Cocoa Butter.
May be used to wash your face, body and even your hair. They are moisturizing and leave your skin renewed, clean and fresh. thanks to they they purity (do not contain preservatives, stabilizators, hardeners, artificial fragrances, petroleum derivatives), excellent  for sensitiv and allergic skin.
Sell in small and large quantities as well. If need, free samples avaible.

Sounds great.

Let me address this miasma surrounding "Organic" produce.  No one bitches about chicken, cow, bat guano, sheep or human fertilizers. Chemical fertilizers are compounds of basically the same stuff. The problem comes with over application & many times careless use of the products.  Then the over use causes  damadge to the environment, ground water & pollutes lakes & rivers & eventually the ocean.  Proper use of any kind of growth enhancement can be beneficial, not detrimental or unhealthy. The true danger is in the use of pesticides, they are nothing more than Poisons.  Use of natural enemies of the pests can be introduced to control the pests the way Lady   Bugs  are used to control the Japanese Beetles.  Installation of bat colonies would kill most of the night flying pests.  More R&D should be done in this area of pest control I use a mixture of liquid soap, vegetable oil & soaked cigar butts in a jug, then strain it, the spray my plants. Very seldom do I have bug problems.  Diotomaceous (SP) earth or very finely crushed, almost to a powder, egg shells takes care of slugs & snails.   My garden area is quite small, about 150 sq. ft.  However I grow 7 kinds of hot chili peppers. bell peppers, boogaloo tomatoes, garlic, cucs, zucchini, beans, casaba squash & watermelons.  I grow 2 crops a year. The winter crop are mostly ground stuff.  Like sweet potatoes, garlic, carrots & cabbage, more chilis etc.  I grow for my own consumption & if a large crop for a couple of friends.   Two years ago I started a lemon tree , an orange tree seedling, a Georgia Peach tree & 3 Avacado trees from seeds & pits. I also have herbs growing, basil, oregano ( Mediterrean broad leaf), rosemary, cilantro.  I use Miracle Grow twice a year in my compost pile, peat moss & cow crap. l add hydrated lime to compost 2 x a year.  The above is my idea of Organic Gardening".  Like it or lump it !   Remember, anything alive or once was, is ORGANIC......  That goes for us too !.  Almost forgot, Lady Bugs  are murder on aphids, they eat tons of them !!!

That sounds good. It's those toxic poison pesticides that are really bad. Would anyone spray that stuff on their lunch? NO.

Thanks Gypsy,  please mail me 50,000,000 lady bugs, we have aphids.

you can just search ladybugs $ you;ll find a plethora of sites to buy them & cheap too!

I was kidding honey..... :D

Planner, I wasn't.   Coffee grounds are also excellent in your compost or just spread on the ground around your plants. Helps kill nematodes too.  The grounds add lots of nitrogen to the soil.  Good luck with your aphids.

Honey this is awesome info for home or small plots  but wont work on   thousands of acres.

It is not that it wouldn't work, but that it is impractical on such a large scale..  However the ladybugs would work b cause they replicate very quickly & tend to stick around. I'm sure the initial cost would be off-set by he savings in crop losses.. Plus the ladybugs don't die off, the just keep multiplying.  Dance on my sweet, dance on........

@dreamtime Let me know if you accomplished this, I need some scallions and scotch bonnet peppers right about now.

@pszaboka what's your website?

We don't allow posting this type of website.

This thread is from  2015

Closed