EURO Vs CZK in Prague

Hello,
I am coming to Prague to pursue higher studies by 1st of October.
I am pretty excited but along with it I am a bit confused. I need to know whether EURO finds it use in daily life such as in shopping, travelling, etc.
I know it is better to carry CZK but I came to know that no trusted exchange service providers here in India exchanges Indian Rupee to Czech Crown. Also if they provide then I believe, they will charge like a rocket in space though I didn't find any of them also.
So, if it is OK to carry Euro, then of course I will bring Euros denominations since they are very convenient to find in India.
Thank you, any help is appreciated.

From my experience based on previous visits to CZ, the national currency is CZK, and that's what you need to have on hand for day to day expenses.  Euros won't be accepted.

Romaniac

If you have a bank account in India and a bank card for withdrawing money from an ATM, then withdraw CZK from an ATM in the Czech Rep and  or, if you are bringing Euro's, change them to CZK in any bank or currency exchange kiosk of which there are many, you will get about 27CZK to 1 euro. Basically, you need Czech Crowns. Good luck.

Rob11 wrote:

If you have a bank account in India and a bank card for withdrawing money from an ATM, then withdraw CZK from an ATM in the Czech Rep and  or, if you are bringing Euro's, change them to CZK in any bank or currency exchange kiosk of which there are many, you will get about 27CZK to 1 euro. Basically, you need Czech Crowns. Good luck.

I would add that it is best to either withdraw money via ATM or exchange directly from Rupee to Crowns.  By changing from Rupee to Euro to Crown, you'll lose more money in the exchange process.

:)