Jobs in east timor and cost of living

Dear all,

What are the job scene in east timor? Is it easy to find jobs? If so what are the top hiring sectors. What is cost of living and rentals for 1 bedroom appartment on normal location?
Is english widely spoken?
Looking forward

Hi there,

Honestly, I would not say that it would be easy to find jobs in Dili, Timor-Leste. Then again, it is like any other country for the time being. Having said that, there are still few jobs available around. For example, working as an Advisor to the Government might still be lucrative employment opportunity despite their budget cuts. However, in order to become an Advisor you have to have some kind of political connection, or highly specialized expertise, which is currently in high demand (legal, financial, development skill, etc) or both. In my observation, you could probably also come and work as an English teacher. Even though there are not many English schools around but the demand is quite high, I would say. Or you could start a business like a cafe or restaurant, maybe?

As for cost of living, 1 bedroom rental would cost somewhere between $ 300 or $ 400 all the way up to to $ 1,000 depending on the location and amenities.

Those are my 2 cents. I hope it helps.