Saudi Al Khobar Advice - Schools + Compounds + Tennis

Hi

We are considering moving to KSA and are looking for some advice.

Can anyone give me advice about schools in Al Khobar please? I have kids aged 8 and 10 and I am considering the following schools:

BISAK
British Grammar School
American school

1) How difficult is it to get a place in the elementary grades? Do spaces open during the year?

2) Any parents or teachers who can tell me their experiences would be very helpful. I would especially like to know how easy it is to communicate with the teachers and what weekly news and feedback is given.

3) I'm also interested to know about after school activities, are they offered in the schools? I would like to find out about the availability of kids and adult art classes, basketball, ice skating and swim teams in Al Khobar.

4) Compound Advice,
I am hoping for a large compound with a fun group of people, esp. Would like a lot of kids and moms to arrange play dates and hangout by pool. Also would like the house to be of a fairly high standard and the compound to be reasonably attractive and well maintained. (I hope this is not too much to ask for). Any suggestions?

5) can anyone tell me anything about Mutlaq and Oasis Compounds?

7) Are there any daytime ladies tennis groups?

8) any other expat groups I can meet with

Thank you
P

Hello Perth99 and welcome on board

While waiting for members to respond, I suggest you to browse through the 'Forum Categories', on the up right side of your screen, to gather lots of information there

Regards
Kenjee

Hi Perth99,

Have you gotten any response to your query? I'm curious. We are a family of four moving to Al Khobar  sometime mid-October and I also have all your concerns in mind. Did you and your family arrived in KSA yet?

I can tell you though that my husband just got his Iqama last week and has been living in Al Khobar since Feb of 2014. The company he works for provided us with a house at Canary Compounds, He has nothing bad to say about it,  He feels that the security if very good, not too big for a compound compared to many others like Aramco. Shopping for food is fairly cheap.

I was in contact with Dhaharan Elementary School (I am sure i spelled that wrong!), Heck I'm probably saying it wrong too haha! My children has gotten an "assessment appointment" back in July but obviously due to the visas taking too long to process, we had missed the opportunity to have the children attend that school.  We are now looking for another school that might have an opening.

If you and your family made it to KSA, have you a found a school yet?

All the Best :)