HOW DOES ONE GO ABOUT MOVING TO ARGENTINA?

:unsure

I have paid my Argentina Reciprocity Fee back in 2013.

Other than paying this fee, how do you go about just picking up your bags and leaving the country?

Do I have to go to the Argentinian embassy?

Do I have to pay a fee after every 90 days that I am living there for a couple of years?

What about opening a bank account? I've read that you can open one with just your passport and another document but I don't have a national identification card.

I would like to do things right and legally so that noone comes chasing after me or being caught living there illegaly lol

thank for any answers!  :top:

Hi

The best thing to do i think is connect with an Argentinian attorney and ask what documents are necessary, what type of visa are u likely to qualify for.   They will instruct you what you may need to do at the Embassy... get your papers ready before moving... have an arrangement with an attorney, discuss the cost... negotiate if u need to... have it done properly... no issues.

If this doe snot work out... can consider PT lifestyle... but that too needs to be thought through and prepared. meaning.. one can exchange with a friend or off home exchange site every six months... ( when one lives in a country less than 183 days no taxes due... not "in the system"..as much )... some limitations: cannot travel all the time with ALL the luggage people bring sometimes... so having a "permanent" exchange, where u can leave some of your things.. a freind who is doing the same.. could work )
We have done our visa (in Ecuador) in one month... and i am glad.. no issues... i see people who have not prepared in advance worrying and having hard time.

Good luck

Hello :)

@ElGringoDerrick : Our Living in Argentina guide have useful articles to help people having expatriation project.

Wish you all the best :top:

Regards
Kenjee