UK/SERBIAN VISA

My partner (Serbian) and I (British) have currently been together a little over 1 year (which will be going on 2+ by the time we are thinking of the move as he still works on the cruise ships). We decided to live together for a year or so in Serbia before marrying to ensure we are making the right choices. I speak minimal Serbian but I am currently taking lessons and I hold a certificate in teaching English as a foreign language. I have read forums which state no visa is required - Just hop on a train to budapest every 90 days to have my passport stamped yet or check in with the police but other forums say we would need to marry right away - Any information on how to go about this move, visas etc would be highly appreciated?

Hi,

I am American and married to a Serbian National. The visa should be obtained as soon as possible after arrival. This can either be a visa that would require you to become legally married within that time frame (usually 6 months). With most types of visas you will need to show how you are supporting your self and proof that you have medical insurance. I need to reapply this time because I was working in Germany for over a year and that caused my visa to expire. The first visa is usually 6 months and after that one year until you have been married at least 3 years then you get an ID Card that expires every 5 years. This all will expire if you leave country for more than 180 days (this is what I was told by the Police).

If I can help anymore just hit me up.

Dale (aka Lazar)