Offer at Abu Dhabi

Hi all,

Is 11k dirham a month a good package for a position in Abu Dhabi? I have more than 3 years working experience and 2 years experience in the position/field that I am offered for.

I plan to bring my wife when I have settled down. Please advice.

The real fact is, nobody can give you a correct advice on this because the lifestyle of the people are different. I suggest you to stay single for 2 or 3 months, get used to the expenses in this country and then you can think about bringing your wife. (If you think you can afford) And I also suggest you not to lose the opportunity. Any way, need to know more about your package. Is it your total package including HRA?

Shanafasyaana thanks for your reply but what dows HRA means? Accomodation not provided for your information. The offer is from an oil n gas company, it is a good chance to gain experience. But still, I want to save some money to send home

Aswad Aziz wrote:

Shanafasyaana thanks for your reply but what dows HRA means? Accomodation not provided for your information. The offer is from an oil n gas company, it is a good chance to gain experience. But still, I want to save some money to send home

HRA means your House Rent Allowance. Check your offer letter and make sure whether it is included or excluded. As you mentioned, obtaining experience, especially in  oil & gas industry in this country is a good thing. You will have plenty of job prospects and 11K is a good salary for the beginners in this country. About your savings, we can't predetermine that because it purely depends on your lifestyle. I suggest you to accept this offer.

So far I haven`t receive the offer letter yet. But based on the phone interview, there is no HRA. Thank you sir, I will accept it, even though it is a little risky (I am planning to most of my earning, but, who knows). The job location is in Mussafah, my friend said that it is in the outskirt of Abu Dhabi. So, most probably the rent will be cheaper. Checked in Dubizzle, the rent is quite expensive.

Aswad Aziz wrote:

So far I haven`t receive the offer letter yet. But based on the phone interview, there is no HRA. Thank you sir, I will accept it, even though it is a little risky (I am planning to most of my earning, but, who knows). The job location is in Mussafah, my friend said that it is in the outskirt of Abu Dhabi. So, most probably the rent will be cheaper. Checked in Dubizzle, the rent is quite expensive.

I don't know what is the risk in this. Any way check accommodation in MBZ city as well. it is close to Musaffah and you can find it with good price. Best of luck.  :cool:

Good tips, thank you, you have been very helpful :top: .

Aswad Aziz wrote:

Good tips, thank you, you have been very helpful :top: .

You are welcome :)

Hi Aswad Aziz,
It depends on your lifestyle and i am agree with shanafashyaana replay.

Hi

My name is Zahieda Ahmed. I am a teacher and I was offered a teaching package in Abudhabi which I turned down. 

Many people encouraged me to take the job offer and many people were negative about me leaving my current job.

I was offered 13500Dirhams per month.  I have to relocate with my husband and two children.

But I was told that the cost of living for a family is too much and that salary package wasn't good enough.

Please advice me with regards to housing,  school fees and food.

My husband works currently in a motor spares company.  Will he find job there.

My package was:
50000 Dirhams a year for housing,
50% off one child's school fees.
Ticket to my  country for myself only
salary of 13 500 Dirhams.

I turned down the job offer and was very sad. I regret turning down the offer.

I do have another interview coming up in November.

I need advice before I turn down another offer.

All I need to know is will I manage with that salary for a while because my husband will be without a job and my eldest daughter will be attending high school next year.

Need answers

somebody out there please help

Thank you and God bless you

zahieda

abudhabicrazy wrote:

Hi

My name is Zahieda Ahmed. I am a teacher and I was offered a teaching package in Abudhabi which I turned down. 

Many people encouraged me to take the job offer and many people were negative about me leaving my current job.

I was offered 13500Dirhams per month.  I have to relocate with my husband and two children.

But I was told that the cost of living for a family is too much and that salary package wasn't good enough.

Please advice me with regards to housing,  school fees and food.

My husband works currently in a motor spares company.  Will he find job there.

My package was:
50000 Dirhams a year for housing,
50% off one child's school fees.
Ticket to my  country for myself only
salary of 13 500 Dirhams.

I turned down the job offer and was very sad. I regret turning down the offer.

I do have another interview coming up in November.

I need advice before I turn down another offer.

All I need to know is will I manage with that salary for a while because my husband will be without a job and my eldest daughter will be attending high school next year.

Need answers

somebody out there please help

Thank you and God bless you

zahieda

I suggest you to go with the offer, even though you may need to struggle a bit initially. But your husband can stay under your visa and try for jobs. I don't think it will be difficult for him to find jobs in this country and you can have a good life once he finds a job. Wish you all the best.

Hello ,I hv read your posts ,I'm also resides in abu dhabi mussafah from 2 year .and I must tell u if ur looking for MBZ there may be problem for transportation. Traveling alliances r from company or not check Is this include in ur package or nt.u can live in mussafah by sharing also here is live transportation

"Hello ,I hv read your posts ,I'm also resides in abu dhabi mussafah from 2 year .and I must tell u if ur looking for MBZ there may be problem for transportation. Traveling alliances r from company or not check Is this include in ur package or nt.u can live in mussafah by sharing also here is live transportation".

Sampadagoswami, then I should be looking for a house/room in Mussafah. I will only take public transportation as transportation is not provided.

I just knew that my salary is all in. No benefit except for basic medical insurance provided by the recruitment company. How much will medical insurance cost?

Hi , I don't know exactly abt medical insurance. ..bt in musaffah u get the sharing accommodation in 1000 to 1200 per month  basis

Aswad Aziz wrote:

"
I just knew that my salary is all in. No benefit except for basic medical insurance provided by the recruitment company. How much will medical insurance cost?

The medical insurance card will be provided by your employer and it is a mandatory in Abu Dhabi. They will not charge you anything for it and your medical treatments in this country will be almost free. So don't worry :)

Hi
Thank you so much for the advise.  I really appreciate it.  Are you a resident in Abudhabi for many years.

abudhabicrazy wrote:

Hi
Thank you so much for the advise.  I really appreciate it.  Are you a resident in Abudhabi for many years.

You are welcome :) I'm living in Abu Dhabi, but not for many years. Since my job is related with these such, I have some sort of knowledge about it.

I have a teaching job interview in November.  I am not sure about it. The agency Phoenix Gulf had told me the package will consist of:
$3500 Salary monthly
Housing
Housing allowance
Tickets to home country

I am only worried about school fees as I was told that school fees for both my children will take away alot of my salary.

Is this true.

what about government schools. Are the school fees just as expensive as International schools.

I am worried about that.

abudhabicrazy wrote:

I have a teaching job interview in November.  I am not sure about it. The agency Phoenix Gulf had told me the package will consist of:
$3500 Salary monthly
Housing
Housing allowance
Tickets to home country

I am only worried about school fees as I was told that school fees for both my children will take away alot of my salary.

Is this true.

what about government schools. Are the school fees just as expensive as International schools.

I am worried about that.

Your salary is bit in lower side for a family, but as I mentioned in the earlier quote, your husband can find the job and support you. It's better not to lose this opportunity. And even you can think about a change of job since the ban is not applicable for the people who are drawing above mentioned salary.

Guys, I will start working in Abu Dhabi at the end of November 2015. I am currently looking for the best possible place to stay with 2000 AED/month budget (room sharing/room). I will be working in the office near Abu Dhabi and at site in Mussafah Industrial Area. I need good access to public transportation (bus especially) since I will be using public transportation only while I am working in Abu Dhabi.

Any suggestion is very much appreciated.

Aswad Aziz wrote:

Guys, I will start working in Abu Dhabi at the end of November 2015. I am currently looking for the best possible place to stay with 2000 AED/month budget (room sharing/room). I will be working in the office near Abu Dhabi and at site in Mussafah Industrial Area. I need good access to public transportation (bus especially) since I will be using public transportation only while I am working in Abu Dhabi.

Any suggestion is very much appreciated.

Since you are working in Mussafah, Shabiya will be the best option for you. This area is comparatively cheep in terms of accommodation and close to your work place. Besides, access to the public transport is also an advantage. You can check with www.dubizzle.com for more details.

Great! I will check it out  :)