AUSSIE LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN KENYA

Greetings all
I am seriously looking to move to move to Kenya maybe I am going through a midlife crisis but I have always been fascinated with Africa since I visited old Rhodesia as a little nipper I have had a varied work life
BANKING AND FINANCE FOR 13+ YEARS
LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT 10+ YEARS
WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT 5+
ADMIN AND CLERICAL 5+
SERVICE INDUSTRIES IE CATERING AND HOSPITALITY 5+

I was wonderig what is the employment situation and the lifestyle for a lonely old man hahahah

Please drop me a line with any and all information or justn to say hello

GEECEE

Hey -  We should exchange positions - I REALLY wana move to Australia like NOW!
I wish i could get an employer who can sponsor me.

Hello GeeCee

Unless you are looking for a serious pay-cut, I would suggest maybe you look at opportunities in Entrepreneurship, and setting up a business, especially to do with trade between the two countries. With your experience in Banking, Logistics and Warehouse  management, you could set up a very lucrative commodities export import business between Australia and Kenya. For that I would be willing to partner, that is if you can come up with Capital worth around AUD 40,000.

Other than that, consider 6 month cost of living like rents and food etc( around AUD 10,000 or less) and also most critically, the Work permit which may be expensive(upto AUD 6500!)

For your experience, I could link you up with local Aussies in management at DHL Kenya, they would probably help if at all a job is available in Logistics or management. (A pay-cut may be in the works though, but also consider life expenses here are lower than in Melbourne.)

If you are a rugby fan then you are well in good company!

PRIVATE message me for contacts.

Cheers.
Architect Lutta.

Hi Aussie, First of all there are other Aussies whom i know and are doing well here in Kenya, as they work with various NGOs. so, please in box me and i could refer you to some who are still in Australia but they have some organizations well run in Kenya.Alternatively visit the country first and you will learn much.

Beety
thank you I would be most appreciative of any information you could provide

Greg

BEETY
Thank you for the information I would definitely be interested in something like this where do I find more Information
I am particularly interested in the Kissii and Awendo areas

Don't forget that you will need a work permit.  Those that work for NGO's would have had their work permit applied for via their employer, as the result of an advertised position.

If you want to start your own company, you will need to obtain a KRA PIN and register the company.  For anything to do with catering, or hospitality you need to register with the tourist board.

Now comes the 'fun' part.  In order to operate the company legally, you will need a Class G work permit.  I have pasted the requirements for this below:

Class G.
Work permit issued to investors in specific trade, business or consultancy.

Class G Requirements.

◦Documentary proof of capital to be invested/already invested minimum of 100,000 US dollars or equivalent in any other currency.
◦Registration certificate of the company OR certificate of incorporation.
◦Copies of personal and company PIN (Personal Identification Number) if business is running.
◦For renewals; audited accounts for previous 2 years and a certificate of tax compliance from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
◦Processing Fee Kshs.10,000 non-refundable.
◦Fee is Kshs. 100,000/= per year or part thereof.