Green Card Scheme for Doctors and Dentists

Hi guys

I am a medical doctor new to this forum and i am thinking about Denmark green card scheme as my law firm told me no IELTS no interview and get Visa type D and after reaching in Denmark this visa will be converted to type C for two years then we have to extend this residence permit.
So i would like to know the conditions for extension of this residence permit for doctors and dentists and what about job situation in Denmark.

Thanks.

You may want to read this link about Residence permit in order to obtain a Danish authorisation as a doctor or dentist for more information:

http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t … doctor.htm

Thanks for your reply but i would like to know that the condition for extension to earn ateast 50000 DKK in the first year also apply to doctors or not? because not mentioned in your given link.

Thanks

If you would read carefully on the link I shared with you, you will understand that if you're aiming to come to Denmark to work as a doctor you need to obtain an authorisation first to be able to practice your field in the country.

You need to apply for a special residence permit to enable you to reach the professional and linguistic skills required to obtain Danish authorisation. This residence permit is initially granted for two years and can be extended for another two years on a condition that you have passed the Danish language test.

For you to be granted this special residence permit, you must be able to support yourself and any accompanying family member during your stay in Denmark. The amount that should be at your disposal varies depending on how old you are and if you're intending to bring your spouse and children, how many children you have.

Note that this residence permit does not give you the right to work. You will have to apply for a work permit separately. And to apply for a work permit you have to have a contract from an employer who has hired you here in Denmark. This work permit can be granted on the condition that the terms of employment and salary correspond with the Danish standards. According to the Danish immigration service, your job must have a gross annual pay of an  absolute minimum amount of DKK 375,000. This means that the requirement of an annual pay of no less than DKK 375,000 must be met for each income year, even if you take unpaid holiday. Furthermore, the condition for having your work permit extended is that you must still be employed in the same job, with the same employer, on the same work conditions.

I suggest you look into this matter first if you want to come and possibly work as a doctor in Denmark. Your law firm is not giving you the whole picture. So before you spend a lot of money on lawyer's fees and on your applications, check first if your qualifications would enable you to get an authorisation to work as a doctor. Have it assessed at the Danish Health and Medicines Authority.

Many thanks for your reply.

my lawyer said that they will get first the recognition from Danish health and medicine authority after that embassy will issue visa, what do u say about it?

I don't work for the Danish immigration Services nor the Danish Labour Market and Recruitment, so perhaps it's better to direct your queries to them.

Hi,
If you are a EU citizen, the easiest way is to apply through a recruitment company which specializes in this field - one which especially recruits doctors to Denmark, is Medicolink. They also teach you the language, and assist in authorization and every step of the process.

If you are from outside the EU, you can register at the Danish Health and Medicine Authority: - sundhedsstyrelsen.dk/en/registration/registration-of-healthcare-professionals/application-for-registration/medical-doctor