What are prospects for Construction jobs in NZ

Hi everyone,
I am Peter Taylor from Jamaica and Im currently looking at jobs opportunities to migrate to New Zealand.  I am Project Officer at National Housing Trust where I specialized in Project Management, managing the projects from inception to completion.  What are prospects for Construction jobs in NZ for young professional as myself?

Would greatly appreciate your positive response.

Regards

Peter Taylor

Hello Peter,

welcome on board  :)

I created a new thread from your post on the New Zealand forum so that you may get some feedbacks.

Have a look at the The labor market in New Zealand article so that you may get some clues.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Thanks so much but for permanent resident do I need to get my qualification assessed by NZ government prior to submitting my application for PR? I would like to submit my application next week. Any further advise would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Regards
Peter Taylor

Hi..there is no way you will get a project management job in NZ from overseas and very little chance if here either as you are competing against locals with local construction experience which you do not have....plus the other handicap is you are not eligible to work with out a work visa...if you are really serious about it you should consider doing some post grad study her to prepare yourself for employment here

ignoremy last remark...if you have a job offer already good for you