Information about employment visa proces

I am Mumbai, India.
I have got offer from semi government company in the month of June.
I am waiting for employment visa.. I contacted HR, that executive told me that visa is in the process of security clearance..
I want to know what is Security clearance and in how many days will it take to clear?

Plz reply ASAP..
Thanks in Advance

Visa process will not take that long. Initially they will submit the application for work permit and the permit will be approved after the security clearance. Chances for the rejections are there, but unfortunately they will not disclose the reasons.But if you got rejected, your application can never be processed. Once your work permit is approved, your sponsor need to pay AED 2000 along with a service charge of AED 6 prior to your visa submission. Visa submission charge will be AED 207. All these charges will be paid by your employer and you don't want to worry about the payments.

hi spatni , i think in normal case visa processing wont take that longer , since it is semi govt it might take more than 4 months as the sec clearance to be completed..

i agree biz  talk, in my case it took 5 months  after the interview and HR formalities

probablecool wrote:

i agree biz  talk, in my case it took 5 months  after the interview and HR formalities

Everything depends on the person who handles it. Here, the process is very slow.

Thanks and highly appreciate for your reply..
In how many days (max to max) does the security clearance get clear?

If I do the job here in Mumbai in meantime, will there any problem in employment visa?

Thanks in Advance....

It can be cleared with in 14 working days to 4 months.