Scams

He'll no, the $$$$ and the VISA.....

Well, here I am, almost 2 years of being married + a
4 year long distance relationship, still happy!
My lovely Catalina, met on the internet, is
now more beautiful that when she was 39 when we met
electronically.(I was 66)
So, it CAN happen. I know most of you are tired of
hearing about my true love, but this rant is for the newbies, ok?
Hang in there sunshines!

Honey many of us envy you and your relationship!!!  Yes it can and does happen!!!!! Yayyyyyyyy.....

Oh yeah! It took 3 tries & a year for her Can. visitor's visa.
It took a personal introduction from Greg (CEO of WestJet), to Georges, The new Canadian
Ambassador, at the time, for it to be approved.
Again, hang in there sunshine!

Do you think an older man (or woman) with nothing to really look forward to really care about their money.  That's why they have it so they can have fun before it's too late... :)  Sometimes there really is a happy ending... ;)

You dated 4 yrs before you married. However, my 71-yr-old friend & this woman have known each other for 2 months. They've already  exchanged 'Te amo' & he's already bought an engagement ring. Most of their conversations  were via texts because he can't understand her & she can't understand him...they need Google translator to communicate. I don't see this ending well for him!

So, leave your friend alone to enjoy his declining years happily!
Nuff said.
Enjoy life to the fullest.
We are all here for a good life, not a long boring, sad time.

Yep you are not going to change his mind.  Just hope he does not end up in  trouble.

Bob K

I know I'm not going to change his mind. I've already let it go.

you will be happier for your decision

Bob K

Typically I just read the posts - but felt the need to weigh in  - it's not that absolute - I got married in November last year to a native Dominicana. We applied for a  U.S. visa in Janurary and was approved in Feb

Cloop, do you live in the DR & how long have you known your wife?  Just curious.

Yes details matter in these cases. How long have you knows each other? how did you meet?  What is her occupation? Does she have assets? how loong did you live together before marrying?  Do you have kids together?  ALL of this and much more matters a great deal.

Cloop, you are absolutely correct.  I was married to a Dominican in Dec.  I applied by the first of Feb. she was a resident in Canada by the following July.  Now happily married for 10 years this coming Dec.

Many factors to consider.

Met my wife in 2010 here on the island moved here full time permanent in 2012 , married 2014 - been here ever since. No problems, no drama....

I just want to say I have no problem with the older man / younger woman scenario if you take the time to get to know each other. And, I believe you should do whatever makes you happy. But, I have to wonder if these women are willing to stick around if these men become feeble & senile & broke. Or, do these old men become their children's burdens because they were too stupid & egotistical to face the fact they were being used for money & a green card.

So how about the "older woman"  and "younger man"????   :):):)

Now taking applications...... :lol:

Everything in life is a risk.  No risk, no life.  High risk, well that depends...could end up either way...lol

Everything in moderation.

If Americans don't need Visas to visit the DR then why do Dominicans need Visas to visit the US?

Because they won't come back to the DR.

Bob K

And the USA does not want every single person who wants to live there. And it includes many many other countries as well.

And Americans DO need a visa,  a tourist visa, a business visa, a long term residencia visa.....As do all other nationalities too.

Yes this is true but still different that spending months and years trying to get a visa to visit the US.

Bob K

Ok but the process for Americans to visit the DR doesn't seem to take years.

Correct again because most Americans will return to the US. And those that don't should do it legally as Planner has said.

Bob K

So true,  a visitor visa is a given  for an American unless he has a serious criminal record.

Planner you are correct about present day reality, however if you read my statement, there is nothing said about today even though biology & history still exist  today as they did a million years ago. Prostitution has always been & always will be. I'm not condoning or promoting it. I am simply stating that it has many forms & faces.  Money, food, security, family & upward mobility, lifestyle are but a few of the possible rewards & reasons to become involved.  Yes, it is a new decade, but the reasons remain the same no matter how distasteful they may be.      I hate pimps & curse them to eternal damnation. Planner, please, let us not speak of oranges & pears.

I was referring to the comments about biological reasons for younger women and older men, not prostitution honey.  Those biological reasons are from the past, not really relevant anymore.

Prostitution -  I do agree honey.  Not gonna change, it will be part of the fabric of life. And I dislike the seedy side of the business,  pimps drugs etc.  Clean it up,  legalize it and tax it..... like  most businesses.  Make it safe for all sides.

Yes  you will never get rid of it. That is why it is the worlds oldest profession.

Clean it up, tax it and live with it.

Bob K

Planner, biology does play a part. Why do you think older women & men desire younger partners? It's because they are more sexually attractive.  When you get down to it a vibrator or a stroker can provide release, climax is climax no matter what the medium. Crude but effective.  The ego & mental pleasure is greatly enhanced when performed with a willing & attractive partner. That is biology, not societal mores. Poor areas have more overt signs of this activity.  Some "primitive cultures" have an open sexual system & the practice of prostitution doesn't occur.  Education, lack of poverty will help to alleviate the problem of exploitation that is so prevalent here. When  I was a fashion & illustration photographer in N.Y.C. it wasn't unusual to meet college girls working as models & call girls as a way to help finance their education. This was in the early 70's.  They made $500 to $1,000 a trick.  The sole difference between a "  HO" & a call girl was how much $$ & how they acquired  their clients.  Yes, legalize & be done the worst elements so often found within the business.

Well said Gypsy.
"Prostitution" has many forms & "payment" rewards.
Nuff said.

So, MJM, any news of your friends success or lack of?

He made it back from the DR in 1 piece & they're still texting each other every day. It seems like it's the real thing.

Well, sounds like a good start.
He sounds like he is really street smart.
So he should be ok!
What I mean is, he's been around the block before.

True Tomas, but some blocks are easier than other & the tough ones teach us more.  Will PM you re: my latest battle.

Oh no Gypsy, mas problemas?

Tomas  si, grande! PM you later