Bus from Allbrook to Miraflores -- any idea about its schedule?

Hi,

I was thinking of taking a bus trip from the Allbrook Mall to the Miraflores locks, and I found out there's actually a MiBus route which connects the two.

http://www.mibus.com.pa/albrook-esclusas-de-miraflores/

Thing is, there's no indication of the schedule... once every 15 minutes? once an hour, couple of times/day? No idea.

On a side-note, there's no indication of the schedule for any buses really... in fact so far for me getting on a bus has been a challenge, I can't ever figure out when one where I want to go is going to show up. Am I missing something?

The Hop-On Hop-Off Bus is a fun way to visit Miraflores from Albrook.  If you are energetic, you can visit many PC sights in one day.  You will get a schedule when you buy a ticket. The buses were mostly on time.  The upper deck is open so be prepared for exhaust fumes.  The lower deck is air conditioned.

The Hop-On Hop-Off bus is $29 for 1 day for adults and $15 for kids.  We showed our pensionado residency visas when we purchased the tickets and we paid less than 50%.  Credit cards are accepted.  Residents of Panama can visit the Canal observation deck for free.  The museum charge was only $1.50 per person with residency. 

www.city-sightseeing.com/tours/panama/htm  or google Hop-On Hop-Off Panama

Thank you for the tip -- I'm familiar with the Hop-on Hop-off buses since I see them around through the city streets pretty often. Thing is I visited already most places they go to, and I'm trying to figure out how the MiBus works.

Here's a quick update on the topic if anyone was following it. I tried the MiBus experience last Monday -- turns out the "Allbrook - Miraflores Locks" bus departs from the very last pick up location (marked as "D") at the ground floor of the Allbrook bus terminal, on the side of the Mall.

Note that on the big sign showing the routes departing from the "D" pick up location the Allbrook - Miraflores route is not actually mentioned.

I got to the stop around 2PM, waited for 15 - 20 minutes, no bus showed up, so I gave up and took a taxi -- although I did check with a MiBus rep and he confirmed I was in the right spot. Problem is, that's not much clarity on how often a bus for a certain route arrives.

On the other hand, when leaving Miraflores at 4:30pm I saw the bus right on front of the entrance and I was able to board it. The ride back went real smooth, and within 10 - 15 mins I was at the Allbrook terminal again.

Good to hear you found one.  The Miraflores bus leaves from the same area as the C.de Saber and UDELAS busses at the very front of the line of buses nearest the terminal.  There are no schedules.  They just do the routes so it can take as long as 30 to 40 minutes, depending on traffic.  Another option is to take the C. de Saber bus to the "salida de Clayton" stop and walk to Miraflores.