Best mid-range car to buy in Qatar

Hello,

Apologies if the subject has already been discussed somewhere but could not find it and trying to get an advice what are the best options in regards to buying a car in Qatar. I am thinking of either buying a 4x4 or a few years old sports car. What is your experience in purchasing a car in Qatar?

1- Private sellers / vs dealers - one might get a better price from the private owners but there are higher risks in terms of potential scam ( I found some topics regarding the subject), could anyone recommend any decent car dealerships in Doha?
2- Maintenance costs - which brands / models are the most economical in Qatar (potential repairs costs) / have best service?
3- Did anyone had an American muscle car in Qatar and could share some opinions?

Adam

Can't tell much about sports car but 4x4 definitely makes sense in Qatar. Its go-anywhere ability is definitely a plus if you like to venture out of the city on a weekend.

1. If you're in the market for a second hand vehicle, there's a big chance to find a good deal from online sellers, especially from expats leaving the country for good.
2. By default, as we all know, Japanese cars are the most reliable brands, though very common and becomes boring. Germans are expensive to maintain though I heard good programs with BMW when you buy it brand new.