Updating news from Viet newspapers!

I'm thinking of making a daily updating news of some interesting places, or coffee shops from online Vietnamese newspapers, then translating them to English and posting here for everyone can read as what really updated so far in Vietnam, more specific is Hochiminh city. If it is supported, i'll start from this
http://news.zing.vn/13-quan-ca-phe-dep- … 92335.html

"13 best coffee shops in Saigon voted by tourists"
My English is still limited, that's why somehow i wanna improve them by this way

That's not a bad idea but you should wait or ask to the moderator before posting. Otherwise they consider it as an ad oriented post and delete.

If it's news, it could well be of interest to expats.

Yea. That's what i concern the most. I dont know whether it is possible to make it in here, cos they usually erase some posts with many reasons.

Do u guys have any suggestions? Or maybe like other websites that also for expats but more convenient in posting thread?

Although I'm not in Vietnam, I'd still be interested in local press and what they have to say.
I enjoy reading the news from several points of view so, as long as the thread isn't political in nature (but sometimes reporting political news), there should be no problem.
If it's used for propaganda or causes arguments, it could be a problem.

I think, many expats and yet-to-be expats will find such information very useful. It's a welcome idea for sure.
But...
Translating the whole article/ news into Eng could be a mammoth task for you.
How about, translating the headline and giving a short intro/ description (2-3 sentences) about each cafe/ place you mention and their respective addresses?
For example:
"13 best coffee shops in Saigon voted by tourists" [ name of the newspaper]
cafe A: [short intro/ description, 2-3 sentences max]
address / time of operation etc.
cafe B: [...same as above...]
Link to the source, the news in Vietnamese. (MUST)

The idea is, you read the information in Vietnamese and then present (reproduce) it in your own words in English in a summarised way. You should stick to those information you get in the original news. This will also help you practice your production skill in English.

I don't think moderators will have any problem as long as you site the "source" of your information.
And yes, try to stick to everyday topics like coffee shops, places, cultural relics, food etc. etc. which could always be a welcome source of information for tourists and expats in Vietnam.
Recently while in Vietnam, this article in Thanh Nien News helped me plan a great weekend outside of HCMC.

Yea yea, bia_hoi@ that's what i meant. I learnt translating and interpreting skills in Uni already, but quite bored cos all about business and finance.
For of course i need to source out the link, cos u guys Vietnamese can check it again too.
It would be really fun if u guys can join too. Such as having a bit of free time and find out quite a good place just be reviewed

The translation practice is clearly a good idea.
Odd news can be seriously amusing, as well as providing an insight into things we never normally see.

Boombaby! Then let check it out for my post.
Im so much in desire that this web like a social media that i can tag u guys,lol