Obtaining Birth Certificate in Morocco

My wife and I are currently staying in Marrakech. We are expecting our first in January, and are currently planning on having her here in Morocco. The requirements for getting documentation and a passport from the American side is very clearly defined online and easy to understand, but as with many things here, we are having trouble finding answers from the Moroccan side.

One of our required documents will of course be an original Moroccan Birth Certificate. We just need to find out what documents will be needed in order to obtain that, and which documents will need to be translated into french and arabic. And whether we will need to have residency cards for both of us or just passports.

If any of you have experience in having children here in Morocco and obtaining documentation, please help us navigate this whole thing! thanks so much

I hope this link can answer you questions.good luck to you guys.                                                      http://morocco.usembassy.gov/mobile/ser … broad.html

You would get it from city hall (Commune Urbaine) where you reside, I would just have someone go over there and ask what documents are needed, someone who speaks either French or Arabic.