Hotel room vs compound living in Riyadh

I was offered a 6 month contract in Riyahd in the King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology. They said they would pay for my accommodations but only in the form of a nearby hotel room. When I asked about compound living, they could not answer me. The other thing they bombed on is the base salary, they offered the salary i was earning back in 1991!!!.

Anyone with advice or an opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Michel Carriere

rhodium wrote:

I was offered a 6 month contract in Riyahd in the King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology. They said they would pay for my accommodations but only in the form of a nearby hotel room. When I asked about compound living, they could not answer me. The other thing they bombed on is the base salary, they offered the salary i was earning back in 1991!!!.

Anyone with advice or an opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Michel Carriere

Hotels vary greatly from the ones that rent rooms by the hour to 5-star, so make sure its clearly written in the contract about the type of hotel. The question about base salary is not clear, is it too low? If its too low then why are you even considering? Its not clear what you were earning in 1991, was it minimum wage at a burger joint or you were employed by NASA and were making a million dollars a year?

sorry if i wasnt clear. the salary i was making back in 1991 was excellent, and has increased gradually since. I refused his offer today and he is going to check with his management in order to increase the offer next week. That is why i am considering it as I expect it to increase.

Good advice about stipulating the type of hotel in the contract.

Thanks