Sending mail from the states

Hi all, I am looking for the most economical and secure way to get a credit card sent from USA to Phnom Pehn. Thanks Gifford

Your bank should deliver it by Fedex for free. Just tell them.

Never use the local post for it will never reach you. Use either FEDEX or DHL. directly to your name or you can put to be pick up at their office by you personally.

You can also have them send it Priority Mail International - a USPS option. I have all my mail sent this way, with very few foul-ups. In fact, I am having a credit card sent to me this week, Via USPS Priority Mail.

As long as the letter has a tracking number and requires a signature, it comes in through the EMS mail stream, and not through the main post office. I must have received about 50 letters there by now, and they've never lost anything.

I'd agree not to send anything important through standard mail. If there are any goodies inside, loss rate is at about 100%...

Hi,  are you having it sent to your house address?  If so who delivers it there.  I had one letter get to me but took 4 months.  Do you know the price for priority mail to here?  Thanks very much

It is my experience that banks dont do anything for free but I will ask.  Thx for the tip.

Don't let them deliver it to your house. If you don't have a PO box, let the sender write your phone number on the letter; then EMS will give you a call when it arrives, and you pick it up at their office (just round the corner from the main post office).

Certainly do your best to get a post office box. Maybe a small "tip" might speed things up. It took me nearly a year  to get mine. I have had mail sent from the states, regular air mail, and 1 out of maybe a dozen actually got here. They lost my daughters graduation pics, countless birthday cards, etc. Now I tell people to send e-mails, or if it's necessary to send hard copy, then use USPS Priority Mail only.

Thanks Jan very helpful.  Gifford

I used to have all my credit cards sent to me via EMS from Hawaii. my home. That cost me around $30. Expensive, Then a fellow expat advise me to get a PO Box in Phnom Penh which he said was more secure and it has been more secure I receive all my mail there now. No problem,   Cost about $12-13 usd a year. Cheap.  If you have it sent to a physical address regular mail, good luck, The Cambodian postal workers are not the most honest and will feel the envelope and if the feel something like a credit card bye bye baby. PO Box goes direct to the Government postal station. EMS only delivers to Phnom Penh unless that has changed. Last resort I would suggest DHL they will deliver anywhere in Cambodia but very expensive.  Go with the Po Boxin Phnom Penh down by Wat Phnom or Sihanouk Blvd station.

What would they do with an unsigned, non-activated credit card without even knowing the PIN anyway...? Like that it's just a worthless piece of plastic...

(Maybe I shouldn't expect too much common sense among thieves...)

Exactly Jan, but like you said they are thieves and they would find some way to sell or do some stupid thing with it,  The point is you would never get it.  Right.

BTW this is your neighbor Bill :-))))

EMS using tracking, UPS or similar. "'Normal" letters don't arrive.

DHL, UPS,  FEDEX  all near $100 for legal size envelope.
Have your Bank mail it . Mine pays for replacements.
Don'"t carry your cards except for a specific purpose, purchase.

Add tracking number $2.50 when sent from Europe. I can't believe that's so much more expensive in the States...