Looking for rented house in Stuttgart

we are looking for rented house in Stuttgart

Stuttgart is a popular city for new arrivals, the housing market is very tight and rents are high.
You can realistically only start your search after arrival, since you need to view a place first, and no trustworthy landlord will agree to rent to you without having met you.
So you need a temporary accommodation (hotel, hostel or serviced apartment) for the initial period.
Termination periods are long (at least three months, by law) and places are usually advertised and rented out soon after the previous tenant terminates. This means it will take up to three months from finding a place (and signing the rental contract) until you can actually move in.
Please note that almost all apartments in Germany are rented out unfurnished, which means not even lighting fixtures present, although built-in kitchens are sometimes provided. Furnished places are rare and cost a lot more.
On moving in, you typically need to pay a security deposit equivanet to three months rent, plus the first months rent. If you engaged a property agent, you also need to pay his/her fee (up to 3.5 months rent).

Hello beppi thanks for ur msg, actually my office is in plininger strase Daimler,but we r not getting house here less than 1300 Euro,one more house we saw in goppingen that was very far from here and rent was also 1100 Euro.

If you are looking for a house (not apartment), that's the normal price.
You don't want to commute from Göppingen!.

Usual rents for apartments in Stuttgart are around €10/sqm per month (excl. utilities, which add another €2-3, and unfurnished) and up to €15/sqm for smaller units or in the city centre. At the moment, there's a huge shortage, so you are likely to pay more.
So, paying €1200/month for a 100sqm apartment is just normal.

no it's all around 50 to 60sqm only .

hiankita wrote:

no it's all around 50 to 60sqm only .

Those should be in the €600-800/month range (if unfurnished)..
As I said, you need to start your accommodation hunt after arriving in Stuttgart to get reasonable offers and a better idea of what is available.

The important thing I would add to what Beppi has already written is that most housing in Germany is in apartments and not houses. If you limit your search to a house then it will be extra difficult and bring little. There are apartments of all sizes and some have either a yard for all of the renters or might have a park close by - so one doesn't need to pay extra just to get your own bit of green space. Land is expensive in Germany so having a free standing house is expensive and this will be reflected in the rental price. And if one does find a cheap house rental it is likely to be an unrenovated, poorly built place with bad insulation that with high utility cost. Finding a good house near a decent sized city is next to impossible but more likely in small villages. This is because many people leave the villages for lack of jobs or social amenities. Basically, there are houses available there because nobody wants to live there - and usually for a reason. This still might be a possibility but would often mean a long commute to a job. Yet, if one likes isolation and can work from home, this can be seen as an opportunity.

Hello all,

I have a friend who is now in Bad Cannstatt on a jobseeker's visa , well  he is looking for an affordable single-room flat or a flatshare to live in for the rest of his stay , I read on this useful forum that some tenants have had bad experience with some bad landlords thus I would like to hear about tips to avoid falling into such troubles especially for someone stranger and with limited budget and experience , the points are below  :

- What is the best way to go about signing a rental contract with least cost and risk? (the guy prefer a legal thing as this will help him to register himself and get a permanent address )

- How would I insure the caution is  in safe hands and the landlord will not confiscate it under any fake claim and how shoud I desposit it?

- What are the most important things to check in the apartment ?

Thanks !

Your friend should take a German-speaking friend along for viewings, negotiations and have him also thoroughly check the rental contract before signing.
The landlord has to (by law) put the deposit into a special bank account for such deposits. Your friend should check this.
Your friend should also document the shape of the apartment or room before moving in, especially all damages.

Thank you Beppi !, appreciated