Volunteering in Sri Lanka

Hi,

While living abroad, some expats wish to get involved in the local community life.

What organizations expats can turn to if they want to volunteer in Sri Lanka?

How to join a charitable institution, what are the steps?

Which causes have the greatest need for volunteers in Sri Lanka?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice,

Maximilien

Check out my recent blog post on the "Wonderful World of Volunteering in Sri Lanka" with some of the local non-profit organisations in Sri Lanka.

There are a wide range of areas where volunteers are needed varying from social empowerment to technology to things like building homes, infrastructure, teaching, agriculture and more.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Removal of external link to your blog as promotion of links, services,products is not allowed on EB

Dear Sir,
Let me know your proposal in detail. Some times you may be able to receive my assistance
Courty.

Hello there courty,

This topic has been launched by the Expat.com Team to gather the maximum information so as to guide expats or future expats who are interested in Volunteering in Sri Lanka.

So if you have any info, please do not hesitate to contribute to this thread. :)

All the best,
Bhavna

can anyone put to be the organisation which offers such services to the community ,, am an expat living in colombo .
regards,
shailesh

I'm Co-founder of The TEA Project and Director. Probably best described as a creative element.
I bring a coloured and varied wealth of professional value to the project; gathered from decades of travel, work, education and life experience.
“The most valuable things I have learned in life came from listening and observing people, opinions and situations; good and bad. The most important thing I feel I can do to repay that education is to try and help the lives of people less fortunate than myself; to become a positive part of that same education”.
I attribute my achievements to friends, family and an unrelenting personal resolve.

“I want to make my dreams a reality ”

Come and help TEA! TEA NEED YOU....

The TEA Project works to empower Sri Lankan children from poverty.

We provide training, support and guidance to schools, orphanages and grass roots organisations; working directly with marginalised, vulnerable children and young people from poor communities.

The project helps give young people a voice. A voice which develops ambition, skills, knowledge and opportunities for underprivileged children. Unlocking a child's hidden potential.

Children need to feel valued as important individuals with active rights; principles that will help guide their future's.

Every child should grow respecting diversity and experience how helping others is a basic human right.

We believe passionately that developing skills, aspirations and confidence in young people is key to securing a positive and sustainable future for the next generation.

The TEA Project is based in Kandy, within the Central Highland Province. Like the unique Kandyan weather the ethnic and religious context is as strong and diverse with Sinhalese, Tamil, Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim and Christian communities sharing the close proximity of the city. We support children from the poorest urban and rural areas throughout Sri Lanka where education and lives have been disrupted by poor economics, war, poverty, abuse and natural disaster.

The TEA Project donates its services nationally to assist organisations who give support to thousands of vulnerable children and families. Our tailor-made training is what makes The TEA Project unique; made to meet any learning objectives.

What's stopping you? VolunTEAr for TEA.

Carl

theteaproject.org