Volunteering in Morocco

Hi,

While living abroad, some expats wish to get involved in the local community life.

What organizations expats can turn to if they want to volunteer in Morocco?

How to join a charitable institution, what are the steps?

Which causes have the greatest need for volunteers in Morocco?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice,

Maximilien

Hello :)
You can check these two organizations:

thaqafat.org.ma
Tanmia.ma

Good luck

Thank you Maximiliàn for this amazing question who never i guess asked béfore. I m living in agadir for two years. Béfore i loved on casa where o had lots of difficultés With any voulunteers y job and évén giving money for cases With sécurity. Only in agadir thanks god I managed with some great friends to install our own system of volunteering and helping to children, orphans, the sick ones. But with high level of verification and security. I don't find that there is a sence to integrate in any Moroccan existing associative system. It's not supple, easy, and specially not opened and friendly. It's too complicated and in very many cases not clean. But there some foreign organizations from Spanish cretiens, it's for handicapped children. In inezgane. I have some other small but very honest and very poor associations who work with handicaped children. Who wants to help I can give the coordinates. With great pleasure. There is always our volunteering initiative. We propose only natural help, not money. But paying the medical Annalises, or doing them for free in cooperation with doctors and Labos who is agree to be donator of his service. We collect all type of volunters to help them to find the true cases of needy children and people and not the failses. We verify every case ourselves and only after that give direct information to the volunter or donator in order he personally could execute his help. nd know definitely that his help was invested correctly in a right place to the right person. If you want to share with us our experience look our page www.adelia.ma. And choose what kind of service you can propose to some of existing case. Contact is by phone 0661-599-300. If you share with us idea about responsable help and complete verification of consolatory of this help. What else our small office-house is in taddart, agadir. Everybody who has red and liked our web site articles is very welcome to create new beautiful acts of help and support to needy people and sick children. For others - general advice. Don't go to the biggest association of the city. Normally it's the most burecratised and already well supported by big companies. With a big staff who has salaries budget. And that's not really good for charity organism. A lot of staff and monthly costs. It's a bad objective to invest your money. Other advice. Never make confiance and always be witness of how your help was distributed. And be careful with associations or people who don't want or even can't to give you personal access to the help distribution. Hope these small remarks will help you. And hope to meet you in our initiatives or to support your projects. Best regards, victoria (www.adelia.ma)

Hello Victoria,
I checked your website and saw that you needed translation from French to English, I can help here and there, just let me know please

Hello all the world,
All what Victoria said is true,so true ! me personnaly I tried to join and to contact big associations but unfortunately n answer at all , only we can say blablabla in their websites...
I would like to join an active team
Best regards.

is there anything in Rabat? Agadir is too far.
I have some things and clothes to give, but i dont know where to give it and how.

What about volunteering at orphanages?

For volunteering anywhere including Morocco....try Workaway.....