Volunteering in Guinea Conakry

Hi,

While living abroad, some expats wish to get involved in the local community life.

What organizations expats can turn to if they want to volunteer in Guinea Conakry?

How to join a charitable institution, what are the steps?

Which causes have the greatest need for volunteers in Guinea Conakry?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice,

Maximilien

The best charitable programme i can propose in Guinea Conakry is concerning the children/youths. I have this vision for a very long time, to get kids off the street. Guinea Conakry is a country where you find kids between the ages of 10-14 years on the streets fending for themselves, many sleep at the bus stops and nobody cares about them. Many of them are bus stop touts calling passengers for the taxis and buses and later the driver will give them 500fg (in guinea $1 =8,000fg). Thats why many bus stop in guinea are not safe. They snatch bags , telephones , computers etc. I met a boy named Alhuseni ,he said hes 12 years old at about 23hr in the night and i asked him of his parents, he said they are at home ,"wont they ask of you ?" ,i asked and he said " no because i am looking for money". There are lots of cases that i wont be able to write down. I used to ask myself " what is the future of the youths in this country ,a country where a 14 years old girl is a sex worker?.".
The steps to join is by registering with the government as a non charitable organisation (NGO) ,then a certified letter of authourization from the ministry of health and ministry of youths and culture. I believe the best charitable organisation in Guinea is for the youths ,to take them off the streets, give them good orieorientations, good education,teach them how to make good use of their lives and to have values for their lives. I believe the future of Guinea lies in the hand of the youth. Drugs and alcohol are what makes them to believe they are civilised or belong to the happening groups . I will be very happy if i can get a charitable organisation that is ready to help us in Guinea and save thousands of souls from destruction.
Thanks.
Williams.

You couldn't have said it better Will. I grew up in Guinea as a teen refugee from Liberia before emigrating to the US.I was heartbroken upon my return to see the level of need especially amongst street kids which had me thinking about doing something about it.
My plan is to open a preschool up to 4th grade to cater to these kids because the future of the nation depends on  them. All of the educational materials are already in place and I'm currently in the market for a location to start the process.