Moving to Sweden with kids

Hi,

Moving abroad is an adventure for both parents and children: settling overseas is a challenge for each family member.

How was the move to Sweden for your kids?

How did they manage to adapt to their new environment?

Share with us your experience and advice on settling in Sweden with children.

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

Hello
I have three two sons in the scientific secondary (first secondary - third secondary) and third is studying Dental at Damascus University - Do they have a chance to complete their studies with you in Sweden also have a wife interested in boys but I gotta experience to education, I'm basically a geophysicist I want the way do not risk it to get to Sweden, with enough of what we are living permanently panic
Great thank you

I have three kids and they are 9,8 and 6 now, we move here last year, climate and inviroment change is never been an issue they all need to be guide on what right clothes to ware during cold season.  In fact they love it here. Language?  Kids are easy to catch the language.

Hello,

I want to move to sweden with family, we have three children 12 yrs son, 11 yrs daughter one year daughter.

Can i come there on 20 weeks course with my family ? can we both work while i am studying ? do i need to pay school fees for my children? would i be able to extend my stay by enrolling in another course there?

Please advise me.

Shabana Aamir

Hej!

It was only in August 2014 that we moved from busy Amsterdam to rural Jämtland. We being my husband, myself and our then 6-year old son. The local school in the village we moved to was only too happy to have a new student. At the same time they were also really nervous about having a foreign student join the ranks. We were invited to an introductory interview a couple of days before school started. Coming from a school of over 800 students, it was quite a culture shock to now be at a school where all the students names fit on one piece of paper. Our son was student number 63! (spread over 7 classes)

One year on and it's amazing to see how incredibly quickly our son has adapted to (school) life in Sweden. It sure is a great advantage that our local school is such a small school with an awesome teacher corps. They've done their utmost to make our son (and us) feel at home as quickly as possible. Not even half way through the school year the teacher told us that she'd actually forgotten that our son is not Swedish. He's just like one of the other Swedish guys in his class. It's great to see how much time is spend outdoors.

Our son does not want to move back ever again. He loves being so close to his friends, going out into the mountains so often, being able to see moose right from our doorstep or chasing the Northern lights in winter time.

There is also the possibility for our son to have mothertongue education. It's a free course that is given bij the Kommun (provided they have a teacher for your language at hand).

And there's also free language training (after you've received your personnumber) for us adults, so no reason not to dive into the language as soon as you can!

Hi shabana where you from?  If you will migrate in Sweden with no connection here like family it will be a bit defficult. The first thing they want to know is how much you can afford living here in Sweden. Children school here is free. If you got residens permit you will recieve children money from the government but thats not much.  Before you got a job you will need to study Swedish. After almost a year and your great with Swedish you can apply for a job like cleaning, work with old people etc.If you är done with a Course in your country example you were a teacher, you will need to show your diploma then they will put you under observation for three years but that's depend on profession that you already had.

thanks you so much for the information provided by you. I am from Pakistan having more than 10 yrs experience of event ,management and Executive Secretary. no w I wish to do hair and makeup course there in sweden and wish to be settled there. the thing is I dont want to leave my family here in Pakistan. Could you please advise me for the admission in said course which can allow me to live there with family.

Thanks

Shabana Aamir

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the forum. You may use our private message system for that

Hi Shabana,  search on Migrationsverket.se there you will got more information you need..I can provide you only information regarding on living here in Sweden.. I have a from Albania she own a small parlor in the small Village were i also lived. She study Swedish first because here if you don't speak thier language not much people will patronise your business.  If you want to be employed the chance is very kin .but try to read under asylum. Maybe you and your family can have that visa .