El Nino 2015

I  would check the coordinators of the trip and see what their plans are regarding any situations, while here. If they can't give you solid points of contact that you, can verify I would be concerned.

Things are fairly low key here, but you can never account for everything, just knowing where to go and who can be called is very important.

lc1102002 wrote:

wow, theres a lot of good information here.  however, im really concerned.  my son is going on a 3 week trip in january to galapagos islands,  rainforest/amazon and the high andes.  hes going on a college trip and as of now theres no mention of cancelling.  this is awful.

GMC is on the right track.

If it was my kid, I'd be on the phone ASAP with the 'geniuses' who put this El Niño/Galápagos itinerary together. 

At the very least, I'd like to know there was an option to allow the families that want their sons and daughters to survive El Niño to opt-out of the Galápagos portion, and provide the kids some inland activities under supervision instead.

cccmedia in Quito

Updated El Niño Thread.

With regard to this dated thread, titled "El Niño 2015," and the ending of 2015 in a few weeks, the Home Office has designated a newer thread as the primary El Niño thread, starting now....

"State of Emergency Declared
  Because of Presence of El Niño"

Here is the link....

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=545214

The information and posting that already exist on this thread will remain intact.

Please use the newer thread for new posting.

Last edited by cccmedia at 7:30 p.m., Quito time, on November 24, 2015.