Sponsoring hubby from Pak

I am a British citizen, earning over £18,600 and have a property. My husband and I had our Nikkah done in the UK and he since returned back to Pak to apply for a spouse visa. We are due to travel there in Nov and I just wanted to know what I need to do to ensure that he gets his spouse visa.

Before he returned, he did his masters in accounts and finance from South Bank University so the English language requirement is not needed. However, his brother has advised me that I change my name on the passport with my husbands surname (even though we are not registered under British law), he also advised me that we should do email exchanges to show that we are in a genuine relationship, but most of our communication is on whatsapp and phone calls. He also advised me that since i have a property i need to speak to an estate agent to visit the property to show that the property has not been rented out, however all the bills, Council tax, electoral register are all in my name, so do i need to get an estate agent to visit the property?

Also, what else do I need, the financial requirement is not an issue neither is the accomodation, neither is our communication but what else do i need to ensure we dont have any problems.

thanks

Did you get married at a registry office in addition to any religious ceremony you had? You cannot get a spouse visa without a marriage certificate.

No we had our islamic marriage only as his visa was ending and we did not have enough time to get registered under british law. we have our marriage certificate under islamic law.

I think you have a problem. I would suggest you take professional advice. See: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat … mmissioner
Or, in the first instance, you could go to the Citizens Advice Bureau.

In what instance would we have a problem?? Is it because we're not registered under British law. We consulated a number of solicitors who advised us what to do and they all told us the same thing....
We could always go to pakistan and get married under their laws, thats not a problem..

As far as I know, if you haven't been married at a registry office, your'e not married under British Law. Many solicitors are incompetent. I would consult an OISC registered advisor if I were you. If it turns out you have been given incorrect advice, you should raise a formal complaint with the Law Society.
Alternately, why not ring the UKVI helpline and ask your questions there. I can't help you any further.

Bob-666 wrote:

As far as I know, if you haven't been married at a registry office, your'e not married under British Law. Many solicitors are incompetent. I would consult an OISC registered advisor if I were you..

Contact your local CAB, they offer free advice - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Check this Forum...you will find your answers there....

immigrationboards.com/immigration-for-family-members/

Hi guys, hope you can help answer my question. My wife attended the Gerrys office in Islamabad to submit her uk visa application and the correct appendix. They did not keep this application as she was told that she should keep this. She was also given a confirmation of the biometrics information. I have since sent her supporting documents directly to Sheffield as instructed under UK border website. I did not include with the supporting documents her confirmation of her biometrics.  Can you please advise if this had to be sent with the supporting documents as well. Also she has the original signed copies of the application form and the correct appendix form. I have included with the supporting documents duplicate copies of her application form and appendix. Will this be enough or do I have to do send the originals?