South african couple looking for jobs in Dubai

We are a young married couple; looking for employment in Dubai. I have been on several websites, put up our resumes, where payments have been requested for processing.

Can you please advise on where to start looking for employment and not be subjected to scams.

We really want to move to Dubai.

Hello porshe88 and welcome on board

I suggest you to read the work section of our Living in United Arab Emirates Guide as well as check out others search of jobs in the WORK in Dubai section of the forum.

Regards
Kenjee

porshe88 wrote:

We are a young married couple; looking for employment in Dubai. I have been on several websites, put up our resumes, where payments have been requested for processing.

Can you please advise on where to start looking for employment and not be subjected to scams.

We really want to move to Dubai.

Hello Porshe88

To be able to help or understand you better, could you please let us know what kind of job you and your husband are looking for? and what experience do you both have?

More over I will quote what i said to most people who also had a similar question.
submitting your cvs to online jobs only, normally wont earn you any good response as most online jobs tends to be scams. On the other side this companies receive a thousand Cvs a day from different applicants and chances of yours being picked is 1 out of the 1000. More over getting a job in here in Dubai now is like running a 100 meter finals with the likes of the best in the world. Recruiters will not get you any where as this form of getting a job is becoming a thing of the past or yet still becoming a way to rip people off. 

My Advice - Come to the U.A.E on a visit visa and fish for jobs as most do. Being locally here increase your chances with interviews.

Hi!

As Flex suggested, coming for a visit will be the best option. The companies do prefer the candidates who are easily and immediately available. If you start searching jobs in this country, you will come to know how to apply and where to apply. As mentioned in the earlier quote, the response is very low and you may get disappointed if you are expecting an immediate response. Put yourself in to the recruiter's shoes, it is a tough and time consuming job for them to refer 1000's of applications for each vacancies and they will always choose the easy methods. So, putting an add by yourself as a candidate will be an option so that you can expect some calls from potential employers. Wish you best of luck.