Amazing ocean current map - click on the Ecuador coast

Earthnullschool.net
http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/oc … ,0.15,2048

You can move it around and click on anyplace you choose to see real time ocean current movement and temperatures.

Anybody here with a backround in climatology is welcome to offer analysis. I don't know anything about it except that apparently El Nino is brewing.

Cool. You can see the Equatorial and Peruvian currents meeting off the coast around Canoa as they both push out towards the Galapagos. I think that meeting point of the two currents is normally a little further north, somewhere between Canoa and Jama. The Equatorial current is much warmer that the Peruvian, and will bring N Ecuador's rain and heat down to central Manabi. That's my guess.

Correction: The two main currents meet in line with Canoa about 1/3 of the way out to the Galapagos. Closer to shore they are meeting much further south, between Manta and Salinas. You can also see just how dangerous it is for the fishermen. Look where you end up if your motor quits on you.

It's so cool! The lava lamp of maps or like having a bubbling fish tank in the living room. I've been messing with it for hours.

You can also click on the information bar a pull up a bunch of stuff....I don't know what it all means. I'm not smart enough to understand it but I love it anyway.

And you can click on the twitter link to see the guy who invented it.