Shipment of personal effects / customs - returning to Pakistan

Hello,

Just wanted to know if any one been through this experience. We are a family of four returning to Pakistan from Saudi Arabia. I'll be shipping personal effects from here mostly household items, books, clothes, kids toys, gaming consol, computer etc. Nothing new all used.

What do I need to prepare for customs there? Is there something I need to be aware of?

Yes. It is generally a bad experience with many returning families.
Better talk to any friend working at airport  or to any clearing agent lot before you fly.
Jawed

SARN wrote:

Hello,

Just wanted to know if any one been through this experience. We are a family of four returning to Pakistan from Saudi Arabia. I'll be shipping personal effects from here mostly household items, books, clothes, kids toys, gaming consol, computer etc. Nothing new all used.

What do I need to prepare for customs there? Is there something I need to be aware of?

Which city in KSA?
There are many 'door-to-door' cargo services who take care of everything and literally deliver at you doorstep, use their services.

@alpha.one - Well, the service is provided by the company I work for - they might use Four Winds for the shipment from Jeddah. Do you think they can provide door-to-door service - or you have some other service in mind?

@SARN
The cargo companies use different shippers, I know some guy at work who used them and was satisfied. I am sure you must have seen 'door to door cargo services to ......' mostly to southeast asian countries. Shop around and see what services they offer, prices per kg etc. use the one that specializes for your country. They take care of customs etc, so you just pay for their sevices and they will do the rest...go and talk to them first

@alpha.one - thanks, I'll check those.

you have to arrange or contact well know custom clearing agent
he will advise you to how you prepare your document like packing list of your household items as per cartons,
he will advise you about custom duties if applicable on if you have any new condition items

@faisal.khokar  - thanks for the info I already got one.

hello friends,

I think you are confusing two different  issues that should be addressed separately.

1) Choosing a Shipping company which could be door to door or a simple Sea Cargo carrier company and there are loads of them. The trick is to combine 2 or more shippers together and fill up a complete 20 foot container rather than Cu feet space which is actually double the first option.

2) Customs Clearance: The TR (Transfer of Residence) rules change every year, therefore the best bet is to get hold of a good clearing agent specializing in TR formalities and do all the paperwork accordingly. :)

@SARN I am looking much the same thing. Can you share the contact details of the company you are planning to use?

If any one else has contact details of cargo companies that will ship personal effects from KSA to Pakistan door to door, I would be very grateful if you could share these with me.

Thanks