Buying Electric Appliances - Ice Makers

Hello everyone!

Just a quick question to the group.    Can a person purchase a good (or top) quality automatic ice maker in the DR?

In North America you can purchase a nice commercial grade ice maker that fits nicely under your kitchen cabinets, the size is close to a dishwasher.

Can something like this be purchased in the DR?

Thank you !!

I have not seen one that big but you might try Corripio in PP, they may have to ship it from their Santiago store,  or the large kitchen store just past the court house in PP.  Remember you will need a jet flow pump to hook it  up to a 5 gal water bottle. We use this in our frig's icemaker and have no problems.

Bob K

YOu can get them in  Santo Domingo,  I've seen then in Americana and at Corripio.

Are you interested in high end used equipment from Canada?  [Moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : No publicity for your supplier.

we just use a portable unit we keep in back makes 29 pounds a day. just dump water into it. no pump. makes ice fast. Bought it in USA and put in barrel.

You can also buy that  same type of unit here.  I have seen it in Price Mart as well as other appliance stores.

Bob K

yes I have seen them at pricesmart in  Santiago

Thanks again everyone for the great information !!

I knew I could count on this group for accurate advise :)

Have a great week ........................ :D

You are welcome.  Dave if you are not here but are coming down in the near future please bring us some RAIN!!!!!

Bob K

Is there any difference in buying an appliance from Plaza Lama, La Sirena or Pricesmart? Or are they all the same?

Meaning, new appliances may not work AND support is non-existent. I know this is the case with Plaza Lama in Santiago and wondering if this is the same at Pricesmart in Santo Domingo.

Good day sir!!

I will do my absolute best to get some ordered for you :)

Please send a wonderful hello to your blushing bride from my Mrs................... we look forward to seeing you guys again.  This time, supper will be on us :)

I look forward to it!

Bob K

Freedom, you bear an amazing resemblance  to Gary at the Spankys bar in Sosua.  He also can get you anthing uou might need, from golf carts, cars, motorcycles to pots & pans.etc. Any relation to him? He is Canadian, been here about 20 years.

Wow he does not look anything like Gary. When was the last time you saw Gary.  Maybe he reminds you of Gary 25 year ago???  :D:D:D:D

Bob K

Maybe I have a brother from another mother LOL.............. well, I always knew the good Lord did such a good job making 'this' model that there are probably a few more out there :)

Thank you again everyone for your input and assistance!    I wish you all a wonderful day :)

2 years ago, Bob. He must have gotten fat or perhaps you are thinking of Larry, the co-owner.   Gary has the same shades, mustache & shaved head.  Also general shape of face is the same.  I know that Gary had some health problems, but he couldn't have changed that much.

Yes I was thinking of larry.... sorry

Bob K

Bob, no problem. Larry sure doesn't look a bit like freedom.  Larry can tell where to find things, but Gary will take you there, he loves to show off the island.

Yep he does weekly runs to price mart in Santiago

Bob K