Taking dog back to UK from Istanbul

Hi everyone,

This is my first visit and post to this forum which looks very helpful..

My wife and I arrived in Istanbul in February and we decided to get a dog from a dog training school in ömerli.

She's a beautiful American cocker spaniel and she's around 8 months old now.

We plan to visit family in UK at Christmas and wanted to bring her back with us. We have done all the injections and rabies blood tests etc. And she's been microchipped.

We have phoned Turkish airlines and they said we cannot take the dog to UK which is very alarming (what about when we return for good  to UK?).

So I'm now panicking..  Does anybody know what we can do to get our cocker back to UK for a long visit or advice when we return for good?

It seems so complicated so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated..

Thanks for any help in advance

George

Welcome to Istanbul forum George,

According to the Turkish Airline website

'You may take your pets with you on your Turkish Airlines flights. To do this your pet must have valid vaccination and health certificates; entry permits and any other documents required by countries of transit are also required.'
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/t … ggage/pets

Since this is on the official website, I am  assuming the person that you spoke with over the phone did not comprehend very well your situation. This happens very frequently in Turkey.

I would suggest you call them back and demand to speak with someone who speaks English very well.

Hopefully this helps.
Z