How to obtain vitur valid for 180 days

hello everyone!!
            i am applying for a Brazilian tourist visa  in order to get to braziland marry my brazilian fiance and apply for permanent residence from brazil.
                  my doubt is i have known people getting VITUR visa validity of 15-30 days,which in my case is not sufficient for marrying my fiance since it takes atleast 2 months for the whole marriage process to complete in brazil.
                        what i want to know is how can i get the VITUR visa validity for 180 days time?can i tell the Brazilian embassy in my country about my intention of marriage.if i do so will ther be any problem in issuance of my visa at all.Also if i need to mention my intention of marriage ,what all extra documents do i need to take with me to the consulate in my country?plz can anybody help?
i am from india.

There is absolutely no guarantee regarding the LENGTH OF STAY in Brazil that anyone will get when their visa is issued, just as there is no guarantee the visa will or will not be issued. Those decisions are the sole responsibility of the Visa Issuing Officer who will conduct your interview at the Consulado-Geral do Brasil. Only citizens of countries like the USA, Canada, UK, EU, Australia don't require interviews at the Consulado when they apply. Citizens of almost all other countries are required to be interviewed before a visa will be issued.

Generally speaking those coming from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, the Middle East and African countries will only be issued short stay (7 - 30 day), single use VITUR Tourist Visas on their first ever visa application. They would only be considered for a longer stay, 5 year, multiple entry visa following a successful trip to Brazil and return to their homeland, on a second visa application. Also the visa requirements for those coming from India, Pakistan and Banladesh are about 20 times more onerous and difficult to meet than the requirements set for citizens coming from other nations. Follow the link below to the webpage of the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Mumbai regarding VITUR Tourist Visa requirements:

http://mumbai.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/to … tur%29.xml

I( it is your intention to marry I would suggest that it's going to be much easier for your girlfriend to come to India and marry you there. She would then need to register the marriage with the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in Mumbai or New Delhi (whichever has jurisdiction over your city). Following that then you could apply for a VIPER Permanent Visa based on marriage.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

Yes it will be much more easy if your fiance come there in india and marry with you there here is time consuming process

Thank you  Mr.James for your valuable information.

But this is a very bad news for me,actually ground shaking news!!
Now according to you i have to visit Brazil once on VITUR  for whatever validity it has and come back to India,and again apply for the second time to get the 5 year visa.This needs again a lot of time and money for me.This has shattered all my plans now.I virtually don't know what to do now?
Can you suggest any other option of getting the more validity  for VITUR for the first time?
What if i tell about my intention of getting married to my fiance in the visit to Brazil to the visa issuing officer in India and request him for more validity?If i ask him Would it be a risk of not getting the visa at all?

I cannot bring my girlfriend to India before we get married.I am a seaman(marine engineer) and also i need to join back on ship for job after my six months stay in Brazil after i marry my fiance in Brazil.so,there it is quite impossible for me to bring my girlfriend to India before marriage.
However i have planned to bring her to India after marriage and after my sailing(it will be at least one year in total after i get in Brazil).

I can assure my financial guarantee to the visa issuing officer with my bank statement with a balance of atleast 20000/-USD any time.could this be of any help in getting more validity for VITUR?

please advice me.I believe only you can guide me through this.your advice will be of great help to me.

Hello bala mohan,

The information that I gave you is an accurate description of what the Brazilian government USUALLY does when issuing visas, this comes from reports I have received from many of our members from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

So, I can't say that they will do that ALL OF THE TIME. I would suggest that you apply for the visa and see what happens if you can afford to do that. Visas, even though the government sets a policy as to how the process should be handled, are judged on a case-by-case basis, so there is still a remote chance. In a lottery you win or you lose, but you don't know for sure which it would be if you never buy the lottery ticket in the first place, right?

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you Mr.James.
      I suppose i will buy the lottery ticket for sure....
But please confirm me if i can mention my purpose of visit is to get married to a brazilian girl...to the visa issuing officer or not while applying VITUR.would this be a problem for my tourist visa if i tell him the truth.

Hello bala mohan,

Well let's put it this way...

1. It is perfectly legal to marry in Brazil while on a tourist visa (even if it is your intention to do so when you apply for the visa.)  This is NOT the case in some other countries however, so be aware of that fact.

2.  Given the above, it is absolutely none of the visa issuing officer's business to know or ask, one way or the other, if you're intending to marry. Your intention is TOURISM, period!

3.  Do you always share personal information with people, when it's none of their business???

You do run the risk of bumping into a visa issuing officer who may allow  personal prejudice come before the requirements of their job, so not telling them something they have no right to know anyway is not a problem, not even a moral one.

The law is the law, unless or until it is changed you have every right to go ahead with your plans... thousands of others do exactly that every year so nobody here on Expat-blog is going to judge you for doing so too.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello Mr.James.
                          so i am preparing myself for a short visit to brazil before i get married,
Anyhow if i could not get the multiple entry visa for the first time,can i get it immediately after returning from brazil and if i apply for the VITUR second time?
                            i will be in big trouble if i dont get it even the second time.

Just as there is no guarantee that you will be granted a VITUR Tourist Visa on your first application, there is no guarantee that you would receive one on any particular application. They are all decided on a case-by-case basis, based on your personal circumstances at the time of your application.

That said, if you do obtain a single use, short stay VITUR and have one successful trip to Brazil and return home afterwards, your chances of obtaining a 5 year, multiple entry VITUR Tourist Visa on a subsequent application are very much improved. I can't foresee any circumstances under which they could justify denial of a longer visa in this situation, since you've proven yourself to be reliable.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you again Mr.James.
                                         So now i will apply for a  VITUR and after a short trip and return,i will apply immediately for the same VITUR for second time.
                                     Do i need to have a time gap for getting visa second time cos,im planning to apply immediately after returning from first trip

Hi bala mohan,

No, provided that you didn't have more than 180 days in Brazil there would be no problem. First apply for your very first  VITUR Tourist Visa and see how that goes. If you don't get a visa the first time around (real possibility) then you probably wouldn't get one on a second application unless you have some major changes in your personal circumstances.

If you do get a VITUR Tourist Visa issued on your first application then ask if it is a 5 year, multiple entry visa which allows a 90 day stay. If it is then you've struck GOLD and don't need to do anything else. You would probably be able to get married here with that visa, provided you had all the necessary documents ready when you arrived here.

If you get a single use, short stay, VITUR Visa then you could apply again, there is however NO GUARANTEE that you'd get a 5 year multiple entry visa allowing 90 day stays even on a second application following a successful trip to Brazil and returning home. I will certainly look good and go in your favor, but still no guarantees.

Cheers,
James        Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello Mr.James.
                        what circumstances could possibly lead to denial of my VITUR. if in case i got denied for the first time,after i make all deemed necessary after how much time can i apply for the second time?
I heard that for countries like USA,if visa application denied the first time , we have to wait atleast 6 months before second application.is there any such rule for brazilian visa?

right now i am having all my necessary documents as required by the embassy and i am also having enough money in my bank account to show as financial backup to the embassy.i am going to give the invitation letter from my brazilian fiance stating only about visit/tourism and nothing about marriage.
Also please tell me ,my fiance in brazil is not so rich.she earns around 12000 reals per annum.does this have an effect on my tourist visa as she declares my responsibility for stay and return  in the invitation letter.does the visa issuing officer considers this?
what else could lead to denial other than this.

What they look for when deciding whether or not to issue a visa are really two main factors:

Your ability to support yourself financially for the entire time you are in Brazil. So they want to see several months of bank statements showing a sufficient balance that you would be able to draw on while here, and showing a regular income there. They want several months of statements because this prevents applicants from temporarily pooling their money with several people to show a single large balance and claiming that money is all theirs.

The other thing they look for is substantial proof that you are quite likely to return to your home country following a visit to Brazil. They look for things like a good job with a steady income, large fixed assets such as a home, car, etc., that show stability and financial ties to your home country. They also look for strong family ties, parents, spouses, children, etc., that would be a reason for you to return to your country and stay there.

So, it's much easier for a married man or woman, with a home, children, good job and lots of family to obtain a visa (for any country actually) than it is for a single man/woman, with no steady job and no home or car and few relatives to obtain a visa.

Cheers,
James

Hello Mr.James.
                        Financial statements are not a problem for me.
         I am a seaman so do i need to get a letter from my company about my current job to submit while applying for VITUR.
    And my assets like home are not on my name.they are with my parents names.then how can i prove my stability and financial ties with my home country.And i am a single man and my intention as you know is to marry my brazilian girlfriend on a VITUR visa.

Yes, you should get a letter from your employer confirming your job with them, and your salary. You should be prepared to present at least 6 months of bank statements.

The fact that you don't own property in your name, and that you're single will certainly be factors that will probably be considered negative points in deciding your case. As I said, it will always be much easier for a married person, with a good job and real property in their home country to obtain a visa, than it is for a single person with no real property, actually having a large bank account in those circumstances might also be considered a negative point, in that the person would have sufficient funds to support themselves for a prolonged period if they were to decide to overstay their visa in Brazil and go into hiding.

Your situation, sad to say, is looking more complicated all the time. I'd really think about having her come to you and get married there. It will be a whole lot easier.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

Hello Mr.James.
                        my situation is getting really complicated.  As you know my situation better.
                        Can you tell me if i can consider the option of getting a student visa by joining a portuguese language course for 6 months  in brazil.would this help me improving my chances of getting a visa.Any how i decided to stay in brazil for atleast 6 months for marriage ,before i go for sailing for work.
                           please advice.

i cannot think of the option of bringing my girlfriend here because.this whole process is so complicated that i am sure she cannot handle it.even she has to apply for indian visa which again she may or may not get.and more importantly this paper work ...its a kind of hell as i know for now.and she will get herself in trouble dealing with this process.