Looks like real

Hi Guys,

Pls. see below email I received just recently.  Can somebody tell me if this is real or not?  It looks like real because email ad is a corporate email and asking for my skype ID and time availability for the interview.  Hoping for your immediate reply.

To:
Sent: Thursday, 27 August 2015, 13:59
Subject: Job Openings @ NatWest Bank Plc, UK.

Dear: Jobseeker,

National Westminster Bank Plc, commonly known as NatWest, is the largest retail and commercial bank in the United Kingdom. Since 2000 it has been part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, ranked among the top 10 largest banks in the world by assets.

We have shortlisted your resume from Monster Gulf Online Recruitment Website and we are eager to hear from you with regards to this Job Opening.

REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, B.Eng, B.Sc, M.Eng, M.sc, Diploma, Certification Degree etc.
- Required skill(s): MS Excel, MS Office, MS Powerpoint, MS Project, MS Word, AutoCad.
- Required language: English (mandatory)
- At least 1 year of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Possess good coordination skills especially in dealing with clients and Co-workers.
- Team player, good interpersonal and communication skills and strong sense of commitment to deadlines.
- Good working attitude, ability to organize, plan, meet deadline, work under pressure and self-motivating.
- Type: Contract (Two Years)
- Salary Range: 5000 GBP to 15,000 GBP per month (Tax Free)

BENEFITS:

- Career growth and prospects
- Attractive remuneration package
- Family Medical coverage
- Family Insurance coverage
- Cost of living allowance
- Childcare allowance
- Travelling allowance
- Parking allowance
- Retirement Plan
- International recognition
- Conducive environment
- Quality training

To apply, kindly fill out the below online questionnaire and as well email us a copy of your recent CV:

Full Name:                     
Country of Residence:   
Nationality:                     
Direct Contact Number:
Desired Position:           
Expected Monthly Salary:
Notice Period:  immediately
For Interview we need Your - Skype ID; Available Time: 

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours,
HR  Department,
National Westminster Bank Plc
135 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3UR,
United Kingdom.
================================================================
This communication may contain confidential or copyright information of NATWEST BANK PLC. If you are not an intended recipient, you must not keep, forward, copy, use, save or rely on this communication, and any such action is un-authorised and prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to this email to notify the
sender of its incorrect delivery, and then delete both it and your reply.

I have also received the same email. Is it really a scam?

keshang wrote:

I have also received the same email. Is it really a scam?

Yes - the email address is a fake.

How did u know that email ad is a fake one?

It looks like a scam. Why they need your details again If you were shortlisted ?

tesmuniz wrote:

How did u know that email ad is a fake one?

Because it isn't a NatWest email address.

I was checking the website to see the email ad but couldn't find. Anyway,  i will give a try. If they will ask for money then I will ignore this.

tesmuniz wrote:

I was checking the website to see the email ad but couldn't find. Anyway,  i will give a try. If they will ask for money then I will ignore this.

Sometimes, they may ask you to send your passport and certificates. Sharing those will not be a good idea.

It's a scam.

Fake fake fake

Spam emails like this work because people want the job so much, they never even ask why someone would send them an email out of the blue.
They don't even consider to check the email address and, even when someone does check, finding out it's a scam, they ignore it and try for the fake job anyway.

That's why so many spam emails are aimed at suckers every day.

...and, just to put the poo on the toilet roll, the scammers cut and pasted their ad from a wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NatWest

My housemate's friend got also an email from UK but different company. It's a legitimate company for she underwent interview but unfortunately she did not pass. Her resume was taken from monstergulf also.

The question here is the email ad did not come from free email provider like yahoo or gmail etc. It looks like it came from a company domain.

But it DIDN'T come from a NatWest email address.

My honesty is stronger than my subtlety, so I'll be honest.

It's fools who go for crap like this that make us all have to mess around deleting crap from our inboxes, and tidying spam con jobs from forums.
The thieves wouldn't bother to send their rubbish if people weren't silly enough to reply to them.

You know it isn't a NatWest email address, but you're still insisting on being greedy and, back to honesty, daft.
You also know they've cut and pasted the header from wiki, but you also ignore that.
Now comes brainwork - who on God's green earth is going to pay a new starter 15 grand/month?
You'd have to be mad to believe it.

No worries. Thanks for the advise. I'll inform u about its genuity when they made a reply on my email to them. There is no harm in trying as long as u are smart enough not to be fooled.

Not sure what role they have shortlisted you for. And why would they require AutoCad ?

Job sites are not immune to scams.

It must be a huge role, given that the salary range is "5000 GBP to 15,000 GBP per month (Tax Free)", and that they apparently can't find someone within the country or the EU to fulfill it. I'm wondering what the job is? Because the requirements so far appear very basic.

Those scammers obviously rely on the person being absolutely clueless about how things in the UK work, and the type of pay expected. Because anyone who has lived here will find the salary range so ludicrous and delete it immediately. Since she hasn't, I take it she is some special kind of financial whizz or whatever type of smart that usually commands a large salary. But then again someone who is that intelligent, wouldn't take this email seriously.

I am working in a bank here in my country. If its not a scam it can be a great step for my career. I searched this address in their website, tried to message on their facebook page also copying the same mail. But the message could not be sent. Since It said it contained blocked links.

I am clueless so haven't replied it yet.

It is a scam.

keshang wrote:

I am working in a bank here in my country. If its not a scam it can be a great step for my career. I searched this address in their website, tried to message on their facebook page also copying the same mail. But the message could not be sent. Since It said it contained blocked links.

I am clueless so haven't replied it yet.

"it can be a great step for my career"

That's precisely what the scammers want. To send emails to people living outside the country who will likely get excited about the prospect of a high-paying job in the UK - which sadly doesn't actually exist.

I was able to post in fb page of natwest.  I am waiting for their admin to reply on my query.

Really!! Can you suggest me their facebook page?

Just type natwest in the search box of fb then it will display natwest page.

I love this thread. It shows greed has more power than thought.

Fred wrote:

I love this thread. It shows greed has more power than thought.

It's quite worrying isn't it. As I wonder how many people out there are actually taking such 'job' offers seriously. I always thought this type of OBVIOUS scam, has had it's day a decade ago, along with the 419 and romance scam. But no, they and the rest all still appear to be working (no matter how much you advise them against it). I'm quite disgusted to be honest. As it's quite telling about the nature of the person who doesn't delete it immediately. It's why the scammer includes a large amount of money in the offer. It's quite interesting. As usually that would put many sane people off - because it would be rightly seen for what it is - too good to be true. But I suppose they are targeting specifically those who let greed get the better of them, losing all common sense at the thought of getting their hands on £££'s. In a way, I hope they learn the hard way. It will do them the world of good and teach them something.

My cousin got one employment offer from a company in Bahrain. No interviews, no screening, no resume requests. Straight away an offer letter out of nowhere. They had mailed him some PDF documents, among them the Registration Certificate of the Company. Now why would any good employer send this.

Yet it took me an hour to convince him that it was a hoax.

The really odd things.
We know they took their introduction from wiki, the email is a fake, and we know the salary offered is impossible.

Fools rush in.......

OK guys, check your emails and filter the crappy spam - we have to put up with it because people don't use their brains.
Am I blaming the foolish and greedy? YES, I am.

Well to look at it another way, correct me Fred, but surely the UK has a world-wide reputation for authenticity, integrity, quality, especially among those from corrupt-ridden developing countries? So as a result, they are more likely to believe it's a genuine offer, than say an offer of a job in a country with not so good a reputation for honesty. So I reckon maybe the scammers are taking advantage of how the UK is viewed across the world, leading to the recipient not doubting it's genuineness. "It's from the UK, they don't do scams, so it's got to be real" etc

Well, the UK's reputation stems from it's authority it enjoyed during the Colonization.  (running for cover)

Loads of scams from the UK, or at least look like they're from the UK.

There are loads of accommodation addresses available, but you can't get round the duff contact details with scams using big names, or simple searches for scams using lesser known companies.

It doesn't usually take much to weed them out and ban them, but you can't stop greed driving people to waste their cash, end up in sex slavery, or whatever.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/out- … -1-2994327

When the case reached court it emerged Marinela was one of five women promised homes and jobs but who instead were "beaten and degraded".

Promised a job, ended up being raped by several men every night, but people still believe the scammers' rubbish.

Is my above designed to be scary?
Yes, it is.

XB23 wrote:

Well to look at it another way, correct me Fred, but surely the UK has a world-wide reputation for authenticity, integrity, quality, especially among those from corrupt-ridden developing countries? So as a result, they are more likely to believe it's a genuine offer, than say an offer of a job in a country with not so good a reputation for honesty. So I reckon maybe the scammers are taking advantage of how the UK is viewed across the world, leading to the recipient not doubting it's genuineness. "It's from the UK, they don't do scams, so it's got to be real" etc

Most of the scammers are operating from some African countries and they are capable to provide even the phone numbers with country code.(you will be answered if you call them)! They have sophisticated systems to cheat the people all over the world. Be aware of it.

I'm aware of that, as I live in a city with all sorts of crooks. And actually some of them are operating directly from here, or they have contacts in the UK to help in the scam. My point was that some people living elsewhere may have the wrong impression about the UK. It isn't what they probably have in mind, and so they are quite likely too trusting/naive. As well as fake job offers, I've heard of many stories of people losing money to bogus colleges that promised the world. These bogus colleges are right here in the UK, with little to nothing to offer, apart from help themselves to your cash by using the prestige of the British education to lure unsuspecting people - just like the fake job offers using the attraction of a comfortable living in the UK to get victims to part with their money. They rely on the person being clueless about the reality in the country and greedy enough in order to fall for it.

Bottom line is, Natwest does not, send out emails to people, offering them 5 to 15 thousand pounds tax free salary per month. I don't need to tell anyone this. We should all know this. To the poster, if you're actually interested in a job at Natwest, visit their official website for this - http://jobs.natwest.com/

if these people don't believe when somebody tries to warn them of scammers then let them be fooled...in the end they will learn the hard facts in life... :(

vinne wrote:

if these people don't believe when somebody tries to warn them of scammers then let them be fooled...in the end they will learn the hard facts in life... :(

Some of them judge us (incorrectly of course) as nothing but sad miserable pessimistic people who don't want to see others get ahead in life, and so assume we are intentionally trying to put them down with negative comments to hinder their progress. I've had some abuse in the past (via private messages) when I advised people on various forums not to take a certain course of action because the outcome won't be pleasant. Some of them view me as a nasty piece of work for letting reality stop them dead in their track. Well I don't apologize for ruining their dream. And if they continue with the plan, they will realize one day why I wasn't apologetic nor sympathetic.

vinne wrote:

One has to try to educate because:

I don't want to see the thieves win
I don't want people ending up as sex slaves
I don't want anyone, even very stupid people, to lose their cash to thieves.

However, sometimes you just can't get people to see the blindingly obvious.

hi Tesminuz
Did u get any reply from that sender?

Hi Keshang,

I was about to post here. They replied yesterday and it is really a scam because sending employment contract or job offer letter  too good to be true. They even called me up. We are not gullible. Forget about this thing.

I'm so surprised

Okay.. better to leave it. I was wandering about u got any response or not. i had sent a mail to them just like an enquiry type but they haven't replied me yet.
So, it was really a fraud mail.