Teaching in Vietnam.

I've been offered a teaching position within Vietnam but, I'm struggling,to establish what VISA I require on my arrival / entry into Vietnam?

Is it the responsibility of the employer, to apply for the appropriate working visa before my arrival?

Must the prospective employer, send me a letter confirming my employment?

Do I also need a copy of the,  'CONTRACT of EMPLOYMENT'?

I've also been informed, that Vietnamese currency (money) , cannot be taken out of the country!? What options are there for those who wish to exchange Vietnamese currency?

I brief, I'm trying to collate all of the information I need, to ensure that I've all the correct documents in place plus the best options?

Regards

Which country are you coming from?  I came from NZ, and the paperwork was a nightmare!  your employer should be applying for your work permit and visa, but they need all your documents notarised by the embassy in your country and then sent to them...Good luck!!!

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm in Thailand at the present time and will, well may, go direct from Bangkok.

The prospective employer has recieved my documents and I'm awaiting a reply, but your message confirms some pointers and as for noterity, well that's not possible, due to my location.

You've given me food for thought.

I really appreciate your input.

Thank you.

Regards

Steven

If you want to work legally, long term, then you should 'accept' the job offer and receive a work visa. Many employers offer job but without a Work Permit which may cause trouble in the future for both.

Thank you for your reply.

This what I'm starting to think.

I'm a little concerned that the visa will  not be suplied to me by the employer.

The exact same problem is also very comman here in Thailand.

Regards

Steven.