Chinese in Amman

Does Amman have a Chinatown?  Any Chinese expats on the forum?  I would like to keep up my Chinese language while I am here even though I have come to study Arabic.

When you start your study,  you'll meet Asian students very soon as they love to study Arabic.

Hi jjblack

unfortunately no china town in Amman yet but you can find many Chinese restaurants plus we have some QIZ (qualified industrial zones) in north and south of Jordan where you can meet with lots of Chinese workers and business people

Well,you can go to Chinese market in Garden (Adidas Building) 5th floor,if you really want to meet Chinesse people.good for Tofu shopping and Bokchoy shopping too,beside they are super friendly

hi Kate

i am interested in the food
do they have good Chinese food??? :/

They sell raw food,so u have to make it by yourself whatever chinese food you prefer :)

Samzak wrote:

Hi jjblack

unfortunately no china town in Amman yet but you can find many Chinese restaurants plus we have some QIZ (qualified industrial zones) in north and south of Jordan where you can meet with lots of Chinese workers and business people

Chinese food served in restaurants in Amman is no where near the original Chinese cuisine. Mainly the sauces here have a different taste and those you find at Carrefour are mostly imported from Thailand or the Phillipines.