My love is Cape Town and my pain the critical skills permit

During my studies I have made an internship in Cape Town. It was my first time spending a longer time far from home. In the beginning I was so home sick that I just wanted to go home. My internship wasn't really challenging and I had problem to understand the people. Was was crying at home and really wanted to go back. I changed my internship and had spent the best 3 months in my life in Cape Town. Now I was crying at the airport as I had to leave CPT.

I always wanted to go back and last year I started to work for an international company in Cape Town. But it wasnt a great job although all the people I have met during that time are so fantastic indivituals. But the policy of the company, working conditions and the way they tried the people are under any expectations. After more than a year I decided to leave that company.

Luckily Ive found another job and now I am back in Germany and busy applying for my work permit, a critical skills permit. Yhoooo, its not easy hey, what the all want to have... And there is no way to push the process. Has anyone experience with a critical skills permit issued in Berlin like how long does it take until they decide. Atm SAQA evaluates my degree and the next step is CCMG. My Police Clearance form is also at the police in Pretoria. Does anyone from abroad applied for a Police Clearance and could tell me the run time. My employer takes care of it but I am afraid that it will take forever...
All I want is to go back.I really miss my friend, the sun, the view of table mountain. I am truly in love :)

Police clearance takes about a month.

Is it.  :o I've sent the Form to the company and they have sent it to the police via courier and will collect it via courier. on the webpage they say up to two weeks... :(
thought it would be a big quicker...

Hey

just a short question for the PCC.

As I now know it might take long to get the PPC. The office in Pretoria has a back log and the turn around time might take 6-8 weeks  :sosad:

Question 1:

My company and also myself made an inquiry at SAPS to located the application. I dont know if it make sence to chase the SAPS.What do you think?

Question 2:

To apply for the Permit I need PCC. Thats clear. PCC might be the only documents I have to wait in the end because every document and certificate in on the way. It might take me 2-3 Weeks to complete my application and apply for the permit in Berlin. But the only document that is missing then is the PCC ...

Is it possible to give the embassy a receipt of my application if I don't have the PCC until then? Or will they refuse my application then immediately?

I really need to go back to Cape Town and start to work. Afraid to lose my job ...

If any of you have experience with that, please advise me.
Really appreciate the share of you experience..

Thanks so much!

I had applied for a police clearance certificate in June last year and it was sent in October only. The reason was the strike of postal services (in which it got lost). I finally had picked up a reissued certificate by a courier service (DHL). Once I received it I realized that it was faulty (my place of birth was given incorrectly). It took me several emails and almost another half a year until I received the correct version. In hindsight I was told by the SA Consulate General in Munich that they would have accepted the wrong one as well (together with a printout of the emails about the problem).

Thanks for your reply. I see, its a mission. Why does it take that long time to get the PCC? TIA? Or what is the reason.

I will definitely send a courier to pick it up then. Just to be save.

I think PCC will be the last doc I have to wait for till I can apply in Berlin... :(