New to HCMC, looking to get to know other English teachers/expats :)

Hi,

I am new to the city and I am looking to meet people who are about to start teaching or are currently teaching to get an insight into the job, school system, teaching methods etc. I am about to start a CELTA and begin teaching so would appreciate an inside look into how it all runs.

I would also like to just get to know fellow expats and go for a drink :)
Drop me a line if you fancy meeting up for drinks and discussion - whether this be coffee or something stronger!

Cheers,

Sophie

Hi..I'm Richard .Expat from Malaysia.  I do know some teachers around who teach English as I have a team and network of people  here. If you do need help...PM me and I will hook you up with them. See you

Hi Sophie!

I am moving to HCMC on Thursday snd start teaching with zero experience the following week!

I will be looking for places to live in D3 too - where about are you living?

How have you found it so far?

Thanks
Em

Hi, I am new to HCMC and looking to meet other expats.

Hey Sophie,
I just arrived in HCMC on August 27th and am now living in D1. I am learning about the ESL landscape here. What I need to find is a school where I can volunteer 20 hours - a requirement for my certification. Does your school accommodate volunteers?
On a more personal note, I have not met any expats here yet (I plan to go to the get together on Saturday). I'd like to meet up and exchange stories... over craft beer, if it really exists here!
Gary

HI Sophie,
If you are interested in teaching english, you can contact me.
Thanks

Hi everyone.
Do drop by our monthly  gathering.  As follows
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#2840097
I'm sure you will get to know many new friends from everywhere. 
See you

HI !! I'm thinking about moving to Ho Chi Minh in November !! Could you tell me your experiences so far ? Do you like it ? Because I can't decide between Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi !! And if I move to Ho Chi Minh we can go for a drink anytime :) btw Im Michal

Definitely HCMC. I've been to both and HCMC is so much easier to live in.