Septic tank installation

Has anyone fitted their own septic tank that can give me a few pointers . We have to install one in our new home in Elhovo. The builders seem to be asking for 5000 leva but I have heard you can do it yourself much cheaper. I was looking at the soakaway type which seems to be the cheaper option

Its depends on if you want to follow the Law or not :)

Soak aways are illegal to build. even tho they still do them in villages.

3 chamber closed septic tank would be the best legal option as its clear water coming out, that type do not pollute the ground water.
Can be bought ready made in Plastic, or made to specs in Concrete and Blocks,
do a google search and you will find several types.

Closed septic tank built with concrete and blocks or a Plastic tank is also a legal option.

If you need more info send me a PM

Hi Candy,,,no way 5000lev,,,,I live in VT area,,i had local builder install a 3x3x2mtr tank for 900lev,,,labour,,stone,,concrete roof & pipes,,chao eddie

thankyou really good info

really Eddie what a good price . You are lucky to have found such a good builder. We are relocating to Elhovo from Svishtov otherwise I would have had his details from you thanks for the info though Lesley

I have the same problem with a bungalow I'm moving into! So I've decided to build a bio-digester, so as to harvest gas from the digestion of all my waste & help fuel my home! What is left after digestion is fertilizer for my Permaculture garden which will provide all my food, and provide for exchange with my neighbours for other things I need! Thus no  cost for removal of waste is incurred but many benefits are gained! I prefer to work with mother nature than incur her wroth ! I wish you well..Bruce

wow sounds brilliant thanks Bruce

Hi,,Bio Digester sounds good,,What are costs?Material details to build it? looking forward to reply :)

Hi eddie,
Since I am not yet resident in Bulgaria I cannot comment re:costs of what I aim to build, but as and when then I will gladly share what I learn! There are many designs and video's on YouTube. It is my aim to live as much off the grid as possible so, both food and human, waste will go to digester via a saniflo. The digester will be half way up my garden so as to minimise odour & risk of germs! The gas will then be piped back to the main house! I'm installing a solar water heater and a large underground insulated reservoir, so heat can be released at night. Electric will also be solar powered. :-)

Hi Candy,,did you find anyone to fit your Septic tank?,,builder who fitted mine was asking,,regards eddie