Health Check

Hi Been resident in Malta for 7 months in St Pauls bay
I am a UK pensioner with my S1 Certificate. I would like to know if I can get a health check at a Maltese clinic as it is 3 years since I had one in the UK. also how do I find locations of clinics and make an appointment?

Hi Pete

I have been resident here in St Pauls Bay also and been here since December 2014.  I have an e-residence card which will enable attention at the Mosta Clinic which is over the police station next to the dome.  I do not know about health checks.

I am not yet 65 but have 60+ on my card and bus pass.

Sure someone will advise you.

Thanks for your response Howard. Anybody else had experience of clinics ? Would appreciate information.

Pete38 wrote:

Hi Been resident in Malta for 7 months in St Pauls bay
I am a UK pensioner with my S1 Certificate. I would like to know if I can get a health check at a Maltese clinic as it is 3 years since I had one in the UK. also how do I find locations of clinics and make an appointment?

Of course you could just make contact with a local doctor and effectively register with him and as part of that he would normally check you over, cost? around 20 euros. You then have someone you can call if you have a more urgent need than can be dealt with by a visit to the clinic.

I know 'HowardP' said that the eResidence card is all you need but that is not strictly correct, it may be accepted by some staff who assume because you have it you have health cover, but others may insist on seeing the certificate you obtained via your S1 to avoid being charged.

Ray

If you have an EID then you have already proved you have health cover.
Health clinics are listed in the phone book or you local council will tell you the nearest.
Never been asked for anything other than EID when using health centres.

Terry

tearnet wrote:

Health clinics are listed in the phone book or you local council will tell you the nearest.

Terry

Whilst it is true that you must have had health cover to get the eResidence in the first place, if someone has used Private Health Cover to get it, it does not mean that there cover is still in force at a later date as they may have let it lapse for some reason.

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:
tearnet wrote:

Terry

Whilst it is true that you must have had health cover to get the eResidence in the first place, if someone has used Private Health Cover to get it, it does not mean that there cover is still in force at a later date as they may have let it lapse for some reason.

Ray

If as he said in his original post that he is a Uk pensioner with his S1 then this entitles the holder to reciprical health care, its not a private health policy.

Terry

I went Mosta Clinic with a terrible ear ache last week. I have an e residency card. Only 8 people in front of the queue and excellent, friendly service.

tearnet wrote:
F0xgl0ve wrote:
tearnet wrote:

Terry

Ray

If as he said in his original post that he is a Uk pensioner with his S1 then this entitles the holder to reciprical health care, its not a private health policy.

Terry

The point I was making was that just because someone has an eResidence card it does not prove that they have health cover, simply that they had cover at the time of issue. I was not referring to the OP specifically.

In the case of the OP he has a certificate issued under the S1 (as have we ) which is actually an improvement over the RHA.

Ray