How you like your first storm?

This is probably your first significant storm since your arrival in PR. Wait until tomorrow to answer.
Are you scared or cool with it?
Any damages?
Any floods in your area?
Did you loose electricity?
Did they shut your water or the water coming out murky?
Did you have some hot chocolate with cheese and or a shot of liquor?
Tomorrow let us know how you faired!

Anyone?  Hope everyone is OK!

Here in the metro area, things were pretty quiet.  Looks like the center of the storm is passing further south.  We might see some residual rainfall.  Power went out for a couple hours last night, and there was a little bit of rain and wind.  No reports of flooding.

Today is a water day, so hopefully everything will come back as scheduled.  Also hoping that rain reached the reservoirs!

ReyP wrote:

This is probably your first significant storm since your arrival in PR. Wait until tomorrow to answer.
Are you scared or cool with it?
Any damages?
Any floods in your area?
Did you loose electricity?
Did they shut your water or the water coming out murky?
Did you have some hot chocolate with cheese and or a shot of liquor?
Tomorrow let us know how you faired!

I slept through the storm.  One window screen blew off and had a bit of water in one room.  Lost electricity for a short period of time but this happens in good weather.  No hot chocolate and no shot of liquor (I swear!).  Went for early morning walk and it is raining lightly, with wind gusts up to around twenty knots.Right now at 7:35 AM the wind is picking up, so I think we are getting the other side of the storm.  It was more like a typical summer storm like the ones we got up north.

That is good no damages but you need the rain!

Sounds like not much happened. As I said before, PR is a small target and most storms have lousy aim.

From my terrace overlooking a mean, angry grey sea with very high waves that are reaching far onto shore. It must be high tide.  Palms are swaying, but not as much sway as earlier, since winds have died down some.  Lots of debris about.  Overnight the power went out several times but only for a few moments.  Gotta love buried power lines. Wish we had them in New York, where we lost power for 9 days during Irene and for quite a while during Sandy.

We'll nothing significant here at least in my neighborhood but there is still warnings that it hasn't really hit yet got my fingers crossed

A nice Hot Chocolate with "Queso de Papa" melted in the Chocolate, keeps you nice and happy while you wait for the stores to reopen and electricity to come back

I didn't even loose electricity.  Woke up to the microwave clock still set.  Seems all my prep (read buying some canned chicken, chips/salsa and 2 gallons of water) went to waste.  I guess I am ready for the next one.

travelgurl wrote:

I didn't even loose electricity.  Woke up to the microwave clock still set.  Seems all my prep (read buying some canned chicken, chips/salsa and 2 gallons of water) went to waste.  I guess I am ready for the next one.

Or we can stop by and help you eat the chips and salsa,  :lol:

Better to be prepared than not ;)

Here in Rincon, we lost power for a while this morning. No rain, not even much wind.

Yes, the storm in Rincon was underwhelming!

Seems the storm disliked farmers, there was a tornado of bananas and plantains flying around apparently. :o
Where is my Pilon, I need it to make some Mofongo,

Underwhelming! Which I suppose is better than the alternative. My one complaint is when I was at the store to grab some canned goods to prepare, I thought to myself, might as well grab a bottle of wine since I will be stuck indoors....well, no one warned me that they are not allowed to sell alcohol during a storm or a storm warning! Now I know for the future  :lol:

Otherwise, it was loudest around 2:00am, but I had my hurricane shutters closed as I live right on the ocean. I'm not sure if I lost power as my microwave clock isn't set anyway! Haha

My sister in law went yesterday to check our house in Sabana Grande, no damages, lots of mangos on the floor thou. We will be traveling back to PR this Saturday....cannot wait!!!!! :D

I still don't understand why the powerlines are up in the air! Isn't it about tine to get it down in the ground? We got it since 30 years or so.  :/

it costs $2-3 million per mile to bury lines... never going to happen for a place like PR.

wow! I didn't know how expensive it was. How can that be?I mean, other than waste, poor planning, and greed! loll! What are the actual things that cost so much?

The historic center of Ponce has buried power lines but still there is the occasional power outage. Transformer versus storm related.

Even if the lines are buried, you still have the transformers and power plants that will be affected.

and what about the states, no money either?