Musically Themed Nights

Hello all,

I have just gotten involved in a restaurant with a garden bar which is quite nice with good people, open daily. I want to start "themed nights" like we had back home for example Wednesdays will be rock and roll night, Thursday will be hip hop nights, Fridays will be techno and so on. Do you think there would be an appetite for that? Themed here meaning the type of music playing?

Thanks guys!

Hi Jangita,

ABSOLUTELY - I will be here.  Whereabouts is this restaurant?

Hi Juanita,, sounds great,,!! So looking forward to seeing all the new things on the island,,, its been a long time!!

Sounds great but where on the Island will your Restaurant be?

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : not relevant to the topic

Hi All,

Quite nice to know there is interest. I almost thought people wouldn't be interested maybe that's why I haven't heard of, or seen any.

The venue will be at Selfish Resturant, the Royal Road of Pointe aux Canonniers in the North, at the secret garden at the back. Walk in and turn to your left you will see a pathway leading to the back which is a more unofficial bar/restaurant area where the music will play, or just ask the staff for the secret garden or "bar at the back". The equipment will be in the country in about a week. Still, you can pop in before and meet the friendly people there! Open Mondays and Fridays 4pm to late, Other days 5pm to late.  Ask for Chris (my easier to remember name)

I'll give a shout once the theme night is ready to roll.

Thanks!

Sounds great but can you open one in the West ;)

Hi Guys!

First musical theme evening/night will be at Selfish Restaurant, Pointe aux Cannonier at the secret garden this Saturday 12th September. Will be playing 80s music (David Bowie, Queen, Duran Duran, Eurythmics, The Police, Cindy Lauper, Foreigner etc) I doubt you'd get that mix anywhere else in the island!

All are welcome! Let's see how this goes.

Interesting, will pop in

How did the evening go?

Quite a great turn out. Everyone loved the music. We are doing another one this Friday, same place.
I'll post details once we have firmed up the timing.

Brilliant. Look forward to visiting when I'm back on the island later this year. Especially looking forward to the hip hop night! I tried having a look for music nights earlier in the year. But to no avail. Keep it up!

Here goes, this Friday at noon at Selfish Resturant, Royal Road, Pointe aux Cannonier in the North
African Garden Barbecue