How long did it take for non eu to receive family reunion visa

hey guys, i know we have spoken alot about the visa issue. However, im curious about the length of time it takes to receive the family reunion visa after application. Our marriage took place here in kenya in July and i would now like to join him. I have applied for the interview for late sept, but im curious as to how long it takes. Anyone gone/ or is going through the same to kindly share their experiences?Also we can keep updating each other as to the process.Do the germans have a migration agency like the swedes where they show how far one's application has reached?
Vielen dank:)

Although you submit your application at the German embassy abroad, family reunion visa are processed in Germany by the relevant authority at the German town you intend to move to. Transfer of the documents (by old-fashioned diplomatic mail) takes time and the processing in Germany is highly variable. In my case, it took three months (without any missing or doubtful data and a very straightforward case), but I have also heard of six months or more, especially for newly wed couples who haven't ever lived together (they have to check the possibility of a marriage of convenience - i.e. just for getting the visa).

i understand, thanks for your response, hope it wont take forever:)