Mid Valley: is it nice to live there?

Hello expats :)

I will be interning in Kuala Lumpur from september for 3 months. Obviously now I am looking for an accomodation but it's very difficult, since I have never been to KL before. My office will be in Mid Valley and I have heard that public transportation is a mess.
So, do you suggest me to rent a house in Mid Valley or to stay closer to KLCC and take buses and trains everyday to get to work? Do you know any condo in the citty center with free shuttle to mid valley?
And, most important, except this website and real estates and airbnb, do you know other websites common in Malaysia to find housemates?

Looking forward to meeting other expats once there!
Thanks,

Federica

You can refer to below sites for room search.

- iproperty.com.my
- mudah.my
- propertyguru.com.my
- ibilik.my

Well, public transportation is not that messy. They are really convenient and on time except the KTM of course.My office is in Mid valley and I have rented a room near Sunway Lagoon BRT station which is quite far from Mid Valley. Everyday  I have to take BRT(Sunway line)  + KTM (From Setia Jaya to Mid Valley via KL sentral)  to go to work...Total journey takes nearly one hour in each direction but still quite ok for me.

if you are working in mid valley, will definetly ask you to stay near to mid valley. because working hours traffic is a mess. but the rental price will be high if you renting a place in mid valley.

Hi Federica,

++++

Regards,
Jessie

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : share your personal details in private pls

ohhh that's great thanks!!!

regards,

eva

U should stay near to your office. It can save alot of time for travelling.
If u stay in kl city, but u nid soend extra cost for travelling. It not worth. Unless u feel very like kl city environment and willing to spend over few hours for the public transport.

If u weekend is free, u can take ktm to kl sentral then change lrt to klcc. Or monorail to kl city.

Budget? Anyway renting for 3 months is next to impossible unless you get a service condo. These are about 12k a month.....

The company giving you an internship should sort this out really.