Job offer and salary information

Hello everyone,

Looking for a little information please. I am considering accepting a job offer as a Lecturer in a Norwegian University. I'm originally from Ireland, now living in London, planning to move with my English wife (no kids yet) who is a Radiographer. We're wondering if and how she could could get a job. Although we both speak basic Swedish from living there before, we are far from fluency, which is less of a problem for my job in the short term. Would a lecturer's salary (550,000 NOK approximately I think) be enough to support 2 people in real terms?

Thanks for your help!
Seamus

Hi Seamusod ... !
(Sorry your avatar is a litle bit too complex, too long in fact, for me)

Just have a look on previous threads on forums : this subject has recently been explored totally , my opinion by some contributors , already - ( "ECS" , "Ocean 127" and s.o : they are living in Norway for a long time and know perfectly what is the situation about this topic.

Just for info the amount you mentioned is quite a good one ,for a family.

if you still have precise I am sure they 'll answer you on further precise questions and topics. But first have a look on forums. Thanks .

Hi Foster-Ehlé J-Ch,

Thanks for your advice. I will look up those threads. I think probably the main problem for my wife getting a job is the language, we will try to find some work for her because she has a good career here in London. However the population of London is 2x Norway so I guess there are not so many opportunities for Radiotherapy radiographers

p.s. my avatar name is my name (in Irish). Maybe just as complicated as Norwegian names. . . . . .

Seamus

Your salary alone will be enough to support you both, since you don't have kids and provided you can live in a smaller type of apartment perhaps not in city center or in the west of Oslo. However some studios are great there too, and there is one major web site you should look into as to look for accommodation. PM me and I'll give you all the details to the national go to site for that. Most commuting in Oslo is great, so you can actually stay a bit outside of Oslo (and even cheaper) and catch a train which in some cases can be faster than commuting in Oslo itself.

Feel free to contact me in a PM if you like.