Advises for an english person moving to montpellier

Good morning everybody!
My boyfriend is english and would like to join me in montpellier.
The biggest obstacle is that he doesn't speak french at all.
Like i'm french i don't know how to permit him to be integrated here: learn french and have a job.

How did you proceed when you arrived? Could you speak french? If not how lonh did it takes for you to learn?
How did you get a job? Is there a network if jobs for english speakers only?
So many questions that i don't know where to start! If you can advise me, give me some clues etc... I will be very thankful!
Thank you by advance for your consideration!

Best regards
Déborah

Hi Deborah!

I moved about six months back with no fench knowledge. I am glad that I can make tiny conversations. It isnt really tough as expected thought the first month was way too hard. I'm sure he can practise French with you at home. I would say three - six months, good level A french. Personally I feel finding a job is hard when you dont speak french fluently again it depends on the domain you apply. There is an American Expat Community in Montpellier, you could find good english speaking friends.

Thanks
Lalitha

Great! Thank you very much for your answer!
Yes there is indeed an association in montpellier. I sent a mail but i had no response yet! I should call.

Yes i thought about 3/6 month of learning too. I'm happy you said it's not hard ad you expected because i think the essential french is not that hard!