Entering Thailand as a tourist

hi!
I am planning to visit Thailand as a tourist but the thing is I am unemployed yet I have sufficient money (I think) to travel Thailand. When I called the immigration the staff said It is difficult for me to enter Thailand because I don't have  work even if I have money. And the staff said that to show the money in cash isn't acceptable because they might think I just borrowed the money so I should show card/s. What should I do? What must I prepare then?

I do believe you can get a Visa on arrival, good for 30 or 31 days. you must have a return ticket showing your departure somewhere out of the country. No visa stamp is required,

You need to be very careful to get everything right when travelling alone to Thailand.

Philippines Immigration is very careful and stops a number of females from leaving the Philippines if they feel that it is safer to stop them than let them go.
This is often called "Offloading" and according to the Bureau of Immigration, about 40 Filipinos get offloaded at the Manila NAIA Terminal 1 every day for various reasons.

Many Filipinos are being reported as being offloaded at airports for often unknown reasons. The word “offloaded” is technically incorrect, as they never get to board the plane in the first place.
What happens is that the Immigration Officer checking their papers on leaving, may request an interview for one of many possible reasons.
This interview may show probable cause for the Immigration Officer to decide that the passenger should not be allowed to travel.
http://www.in-philippines.com/filipinos … -airports/

Hello Shanely,

welcome on board  :)

As you have had some feedbacks from members of the Philippines forum, i moved your thread to the Thailand forum so that you may get further advices.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Bhavna wrote:

Hello Shanely,

welcome on board  :)

As you have had some feedbacks from members of the Philippines forum, i moved your thread to the Thailand forum so that you may get further advices.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Not sure this is a question for the Thailand forum. The person has a problem leaving the Philippines, entry into Thailand with a tourist visa or non-visa entry is possible providing the person qualifies and complies with Thai Immigration rules, however the Philippines has a restrictive policy regarding overseas travel for some of it's citizens to some countries, its Philippines Immigration where the issue needs sorting.

I could speculate why the Philippines has this policy, especially for young women(not sure of OP gender), but that won't help the OP.

Has the OP tried applying for a Tourist Visa from a Thai embassy/consulate and then presenting this with a RETURN air ticket to the authorities in Manila?

My understanding is, that she called the Thai embassy and got this answer.
Normally when you arrive in Thailand you need to show the return ticket (especially if this is the first visit to Thailand) and Hotel bookings. Then they usually don't ask for money. At least they did not when i was visiting Thailand as tourist a couple years ago.

thetefldon wrote:

I could speculate why the Philippines has this policy, especially for young women(not sure of OP gender), but that won't help the OP.

According to the BI Commissioner, Siegfred Mison, the Guidelines were formulated in line with the Anti Human Trafficking Acts.

The OP didn't say if she contact the Philippines Immigration of Thai, but it will be leaving the Philippines that will be her problem.  Once they are able to leave they seem to have no trouble entering Thailand.

Shanely has not given us enough information. It would be helpful if we knew sex, nationality and approximate age.
Manila is shown as location but that does not necessarily mean the op is Filipino.

A Filipino does not need a visa to visit Thailand <30 days.

You may be asked for proof of funds to support yourself during your stay. I THINK its 20,000 bht but please check. The best way to prove this is a bank book or bank statement. You should not carry too much cash without a backup source of funds. Don't forget Travel Insurance in case of accident or illness.

What you were told was is not correct.

Either enter Thailand on a 30 day visa, ( if flying into Thailand) or if by land-boarding crossing, it's normally a 15 day tourist visa.

Once in Thailand, you can then seek employment. If you've the credentials, it wont take long to find a job teaching English but be warned, its not all its made out to be, believe me.

I lived in Thailand for seven (worst) years of my life due to family commitments with over four teaching English and trust me, its getting worse over there. Thankfully I now live in Vietnam and my advise would be, forget Thailand.

Thailand is not what it used to be. Too many problems, Very racist people plus the Thais are very fickle and too demanding.

Many years ago, it was the land of smiles and paradise but as for now, it's just a seedy, greedy, corrupt pit with Thais ready to smile at a persons face but at the same time, plunge a knife into a that persons back, and without hesitation.

As Thais say, "UP TO YOU".

My advise to anyone would be, forget the place. There are far more up and coming places in South East Asia, that are far cheaper, more hospitable and less racist, plus you can be someone, a person, unlike Thailand, were outsiders are just a walking ATM machines in Thai peoples  eyes.

Good luck.