Multiple Contracts Ambiguity

Hello everyone,
I want to ask that my employee send multiple contracts. One was send as a job offer which shows my salary as 500BHD + 50Transportation cost and accommodation. Now as Visa is in process they send me another contract in which they mention only 250BHD. when I asked them about this they told me that I will get salary based on previous contract and this one is just for GOSI (Social Insurance) and they told me not to worry !
what should I do? should I sign the contract or ask them to make make change. The new contract is in Arabic Language only and previous was in Arabic+English. but new contract use my Passport number and previous one used my full name only.

I think that is a norm here. So need not to worry.

Is this legal ? they change my working days to 6 and there is no where mention about my accommodation that was previously mention in my contract. I don't think that there would be any benefit for them or me to fake all information in another contract ? may be previous one was not the official ? Is anyone ever experience this ?

send your contractor details as Personal Message.

Hi,

I have heard some companies doing this to save some money, but i feel its; not right, if LMRA / MOL comes to know about the same then there are chances that issues can arise and if you get into a conflict with your company they could use it to their advantage.

so think wisely before you sign.
good luck

T&R

Hi zees,

It's true. Some company's doing this practices for their own benefits. GOSI fee depends on how much the Basic Salary of an employee. As far as i know 4% of the total salary is equivalent to the Gosi fee payable on a monthly basis for expat and 19% for the Local People (Bahraini). Bottomline, if the employer declares a lower salary they get the lower fee for GOSI as well.

This company are considered as a violators of the law & they are subject for penalties. Keep in your mind to be always at legal side so you will not get in trouble in the long run.

Takecare & Goodluck.

cheers!
Lou-Lou

Thanks a lot everyone! now they are using the original contract on my request.

Now cheers............ :)