I would like to meet up with some Aussies

Hello,  I will be in Istanbul on 11th September and have accommodation for the first 5 days.  After that I plan to go to Kusadasi where I have a friend.  However I would like to meet up with some Aussies if possible before I leave for Kusadasi as I plan on staying in Turkey for approximately 3 months.  It would be nice to find some people who know their way around just a little better than I do.  I was in Turkey for two weeks in 2009 - I guess it hasn't changed all that much.
Rae.

Welcome to Turkey forum Sunraez,

Hopefully you will find many Aussies during your trip and on the forum. Please feel free to ask for any guidance.

Good luck
Z

Sunraez wrote:

Hello,  I will be in Istanbul on 11th September and have accommodation for the first 5 days.  After that I plan to go to Kusadasi where I have a friend.  However I would like to meet up with some Aussies if possible before I leave for Kusadasi as I plan on staying in Turkey for approximately 3 months.  It would be nice to find some people who know their way around just a little better than I do.  I was in Turkey for two weeks in 2009 - I guess it hasn't changed all that much.
Rae.

I would be interested in meeting any English speaking locals.  I am going to Turkey with a view to perhaps buying an apartment there, so I would welcome any local information that I can get.  I will look forward to meeting up with some of you when I get there.  And thank you for answering me.  Cheers, Rae.

Where about Turkey are you going to buy an apartment

You're welcome Rae,

Please feel free to get in touch on arrival. The expat community is pretty strong in Istanbul

Regarding buying an apartment in Istanbul: Considering Istanbul is a huge city, I would advise you to finalize a location that would meet your requirements/interests. 

Then it would be best to meet a reliable agent or perhaps you could directly contact an owner.

In either case, it would be helpful to have a proper legal guidance. I suggest this because like in any bigger city, people are more susceptible to scams. And Istanbul is no exception.

Good luck
Z

Sunraez wrote:

I would be interested in meeting any English speaking locals.  I am going to Turkey with a view to perhaps buying an apartment there, so I would welcome any local information that I can get.  I will look forward to meeting up with some of you when I get there.  And thank you for answering me.  Cheers, Rae.

Hi Rae,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I created a new topic as from your post on the Turkey forum. :)